1,485 results
All reviews happy hour marie antoinette king george bed and breakfast princess margaret private porch view of the bay french toast our honeymoon jacuzzi tub white room chocolate covered strawberries within walking distance cocktail hour view of the water beautiful room bridge of lions
Reviewed August 16, 2011

My boyfriend and I were on the fence about staying at a bed and breakfast for our visit to St Augustine but we are so glad we chose to stay at the Bayfront Marin House! Location right on the water was great, rooms were adorable, service was amazing, the list goes on. From the second we checked in all of our needs were met, the staff was so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was absolutely delicious (don't pass up the fresh blueberry muffins) and we appreciated that the owner checked on how our stay was going personally while we finished up breakfast. We rode the bikes that were available in the evenings which was perfect and even on the day we were checking out the front desk told us we could keep them past checkout time because he knew we wanted to explore a little more! We had such a great experience and can not wait to come back!
Thank you!

1  Thank Planekate88
BayfrontMarin, Owner at Bayfront Marin House Historic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2011

We are so glad that you chose to stay with us as well!! We're so happy that you enjoyed your getaway--and we all look forward to seeing you again soon!--Mike and Sandy and the whole Bayfront Marin House Staff

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed here a few nights ago. The location was outstanding. The grounds were immaculate and clean. The breakfast the next morning was delicious and the servers were so jovial and attentive.
The room cost was understandable however I resented the many tack-on services that seemed a bit exorbitant. Secondly, the King George room bathtub water would not get hot. That was disappointing.
Otherwise, I enjoyed the style, the gentleman behind the counter was very interactive and nice, the room was fabulous and we loved the sunrise & breakfast.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We're glad that you enjoyed your time with us! We're not sure what you mean about tack-on services--the only one we know about is tax--and we wish we could change that! :) We are proud how much we give away for free--breakfasts, happy hours, parking, wifi, bikes, beach towels and beach umbrellas, iced drinks all day, etc. If you want to give us a call to better explain your disappointment, we'd be happy to listen so that we can improve it for other guests!! Take care, and we hope you'll come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed August 13, 2011

I really enjoyed the Bayfront Marin House Bed and Breakfast. The Service was great and the Breakfast was outstanding. I was really supprised at the quality of the Breakfast, the room and the location. The view is great and it is located within walking distance to the Old Town. I shall return and recommend the Marin House to all my friends.

Room tip: The rooms are extremely comfortable and have plenty of room.
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Robert D
BayfrontMarin, Owner at Bayfront Marin House Historic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review! We're glad that you enjoyed your time with us--and hope that you can come back and see us again soon!!--Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Beach chairs and unbrella, fridg upone request, wonderful recommendations on sites and restaurents, and friendly staff, and happy Hour, and made to order breakfast, mad this a perfect retreat for my wife and I. The bay views and location near historic dowtown were just what she deserved.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We're so glad that you had a chance to enjoy some of our little "extras!" We have tried to think of things that we would like to have on vacation (chairs, beach towels, bikes, etc) and made sure that they're easy for our guests to access. Thank you for the review--we look forward to seeing you both again soon!!--Mike and Sandy and the Whole BMH Staff

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stayed here on a last minute whim, just needing some down time by myself. WOW! There are few better ways to relax than laying in the hot tub, eating shrimp, & watching Blazing Saddles. I loved the room, (Hopkin's Cottage), so much I can't wait to get back - and it's one of the less costly rooms. I can't imagine how much better it could be. Check out their specials, by all means. I got a great rate.It's in a prime location. Far enough from the noise to hear the birds sing, & close enough to be an easy walk to everything. There are many B&Bs in town, but hardly any on the water. The sunrises are so beautiful seen right from the porch overlooking the bay. Do yourself a favor & turn in your breakfast card - and don't be late, because they won't be. You might have a delicious omelette, or a quiche for your main course, but you can choose the extras. They have an evening social time with tasty tidbits & drinks. The staff is very helpful, accomodating & hospitable, but not cloying or hovering. I sometimes hesitate to stay at a B&B because I really don't want feel as if I'm expected to sit around the table & spew my life story out to strangers. That feeling will never happen here. You can include yourself, or not - and they will treat you as a welcome guest - and your little dog too!

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you so much for such a nice review!! We are so glad that you could unwind with us--and we loved all the photos that you took! We look forward to you coming back to visit us again--so we can spoil you some more!! Take care, Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff