“Forget the Dinner at Columbias, Go to Cousteau's for a Milkshake and Save the Money”

Cousteau's Waffle and Milkshake Bar
Ranked #3 of 44 Dessert in St. Augustine
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The absolute best milkshake I have ever had. Ever. The pralines and pecan milkshake lasted an hour and I drank every sip. They are so great at this place and the shakes reflect that. Great choice, great people, the greatest. Just go here and walk around St. Augustine rather than a tourist dinner at Columbia's and save a hundred dollars. Thats my choice next trip.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We found this place by recommendation of a server at Barley House, and I'm so glad we stopped in! We had the Life on Mars waffle, which was big enough to share. My sister got an espresso and I got a coffee. Since our waffles came with espresso whipped cream - yes, you read that right - the guy behind the counter (Mark? I think) added some to her espresso. The waffle was crisp and warm, and the ice cream melting on top added the perfect touch. I even loved the music, which is chosen by the employees. I hope they're around a long time, because I swear I've been craving this all week.

(Shoutout to Jacob as well - we didn't forget about you!)

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Best creative use of waffles and accompaniments ever. We enjoyed Life on Mars and Shark Tooth. They also have wonuts, a cross between a waffle and donut on inside. This was delicious too.

1  Thank Desiree B
Reviewed January 27, 2014

St. Augustine Florida is a quaint relaxing town with a mix of History and typical tourist shops. Restaurants run the gamut from pizza and taco shops to delectable Florida seafood prepared with the mix of Spanish and Caribbean flair. Desserts around town are relegated to pastry shops with nondescript cookies and average pastries. Now, a new face in town offers a unique and delicious treat you don't want to miss! Located down a side street off St. George Street is Cousteau's Waffles and Milkshakes. These are not breakfast waffles but true Belgian Liege European style waffles topped with an array of fruits and creams. They are made with a dough rather than a batter and Belgian pearl sugar which caramelizes when cooked resulting in a sweet,crisp yet tender waffle, I chose the"Life on Mars" which was topped with toasted coconut ice cream, espresso whipped cream, toasted coconut and finished with a mocha drizzle, My husband had the Belefonte which was topped with Nutella and fresh strawberries. Both were incredible! The place is tiny with only 12 seats at the counter but your order easily transports so you can eat while enjoying a stroll through the Old City. Ryan and Jacob were friendly and did a remarkable job handling the steady stream of customers coming in the door. Didn't try the milkshakes that are made from fresh, locally made ice cream, but we will try those on our next visit.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I stood there for 15 minutes to get my kids breakfast. They don't clean the waffle machine so the waffles come out crusty and a little brown.

Needless to say, get dessert elsewhere.

1  Thank pcphelan