“Good things in small package”
Review of The Cozy Inn

The Cozy Inn
Ranked #2 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed April 17, 2010

After not hearing good things in different chain type budget lodging, we discovered this small family run motel, conveniently located near the historic area. The rooms quaint and very clean and even have small fridge with tiny freezer, ac of course, coffee maker,Cable TV, but no hair dryer. We were charmed, Still had the old style motel key and yet fresh as new. $89 for the night. We also found the Creekside Restaurant and loved it. Remember where you park as it is easy to walk and miss the turn. 202 San Marco, St Augustine. Enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

995 - 1,001 of 1,049 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2010

We had a fantastic time staying at this adorable motel. The retro room was sooo cute and had been refurbished with a mini fridge, microwave and complimentary coffee. The manager told us that the bathrooms were all being re-fitted soon as well. It was also the cleanest motel/hotel I have ever stayed in, and within walking distance of most attractions. The staff was very friendly to us and our small dog, and gave us maps, pamphlets and advice on pet friendly locations. Loved it and have alreadly recommended to friends!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2010

Perfect for a getaway. Wonderful accommodations. The staff was wonderful. They provided us with brochures and a list of restaurants of everything around. We will definitely stay at the cozy inn our next trip to St. Augustine.

2  Thank kae10
Reviewed December 30, 2009

The adorable little 50's style motor hotel is an architecturally preserved slice of Americana. It is clean, small and adequate. However it was too far away from the heart of the sights, so that we had to drive and pay $10 for a parking spot each time we wanted to browse around. It might be walkable in perfect weather, but if it is hot or cold I wouldn't recommend it. If you like to come back to your room for a rest in the afternoon, and then go back it can get quite expensive. Also neither of our computers could connect to the wi-fi while we were there, and due to cold weather we spent a great deal of time in the room and found this to be a big problem. If I were to go back to St. Augustine I would definitely look for a room closer to the historic district and find one with more reliable wi-fi.

2  Thank nataliegoes
Reviewed December 29, 2009

I have used TripAdvisor for over five years to book my hotels and select places to dine, and in five years, I have never been misled by the reviews....until now.

I selected Cozy Inn for three main reasons:

1) It is pet friendly and I traveled with a cat;
2) the price was reasonable (although based on the quality of the accomodations, not a value); and
3) it received generally excellent reviews on this website. I can't possibly fathom how it warranted such great reviews unless the proprietor's friends and family have been submitting them.

Okay, the good, bad and ugly

THE GOOD
-It was indeed pet friendly and per my request, no one entered our room during our 2 day stay. My cat survived the experience safely so to that end, I am satisfied.
-There was a well-stocked kitchenette
-The bed was comfortable

THE BAD
-The room was tiny
-The decor was plain and somewhat unsightly
-Each car got a dedicated parking spot but ours was not near our room and barely off the street

THE UGLY
- The bathroom was awful
The toilet barely flushed.
The shower was like a summer camp shower. A built in plastic entity with absolutely no shower pressure.
There was a large brown stain on my white towel

- There was only one mirror in the entire room and it was hung so high in the bathroom, I had to wear heels to use it. I never got to actually see what my clothes/outfit looked like before going out. I complained about this and they said they would have one installed for when I returned on my next visit (ha!)

- Finally, there were dead bugs (flys and such) on the window sills and radiators.

What more can I say? I love TripAdvisor and am grateful for all the wonderful places I have discovered using it over the years. I suppose I was due for a disappointment. This was definitely it.

6  Thank FlyersKitty
Reviewed December 13, 2009

The Cozy Inn is a restored House and Little Motel located off of San Marco. The location is not ideal but definately close enough to the main tourist areas of Saint Augustine to make it a can't miss deal.

The main strong points of the large Suite we stayed in was the beautiful appointments, the large size, the kitchen, and the cleanliness. Other things worth mentionong are the nicely coordinated sheets and furnishings, the landscaping and our outstanding housekeeper, Tina.

We were able to tour the townhomes, with the upstairs and downstairs, they were really outstanding in the decor and size. I particularly like the T.V. on a retracting platform that can be rotated to accomidate the guests. The suite we stayed in had two t.v.s, one for the bedroom and one for the living room area.

The bathroom was spacious and had a fully stocked linen closet. The little fine points were there, Iron and Ironing board, kitchen stiocked with plates, glasses, mugs, silverware, pots and pans plus a very nicely stocked spice rack. The kitchen had a small dinning table and chairs that was really perfect for our romantic breakfast.

The value for this place is $159 per night for a really well appointed full suite and kitchen that was extremely clean. The romance was definatly there with the well placed plants and elegant appointments.

The check in was pleasent with an extremely nice Lady.

For the best value in a really lovely place in a great town for Christmas this is it.

1  Thank J H
Reviewed November 23, 2009

When we found this place on Trip Advisor, went to their web page and then booked, we thought we were getting a B&B room. Arrived to find it was a motel room. Turns out there are two places using the same name, across the street from each other, owned by the same owner and a lack of distinction beyween the two on various websites.

Having said that, the motel room was fine. Manageress and housecleaner were both helpful and friendly. Fridge and micro in room.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple