“#1 Hotel in St Augustine”
Review of The Cozy Inn

The Cozy Inn
Ranked #3 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I would enthusiastically recommend The Cozy Inn. I asked if they could order some flowers for our 38th wedding anniversary prior to our arrival and Christine exceeded my expectations with the wonderful order of flowers and a complimentary bottle of wine. This was a great beginning to a wonderful stay. The pictures on their website are very accurate. This includes the pictures of the particular room that you rent. I was in room #39 and will definitely ask for that room again later this year. I had two small dogs with me and there was no lack of areas where the dogs could take care of their business. I have worked at The Marriott and Holiday Inn and the professionalism that associates have at the The Cozy Inn surpass those hotels. The Cozy Inn should be extremely proud of their hotel and it should be the top-rated hotel in St. Augustine, bar none. BTW, their location is perfect. I even met and talked to some nice neighbors around the corner of the hotel. My only regret is that I failed to ask for business cards to give to my guests who inquire about hotels in the St Augustine area. To the owner Neil B, Christine and the great housekeeper Cat and the other one whose name escapes me, thanks for a great visit and I will see you again later this year. All of you made us feel like we were home.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank john a
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Oh my Goodness! What a wonderful review from such a Terrific Couple! We certainly remember you and so very much appreciated your kindnesses. Christina and all of our Staff are true "caretakers' who want to be sure you have all that you need and try to take special steps to ensure you feel appreciated! We loved that you chose us to spend such a special
Anniversary with and we all enjoyed the care you took in ordering special items for your celebration! And we are truly thrilled that we met and exceeded your expectations! We all so very much hope that you will come back to us on your 39th and 40th and 41st and.................. :)
Best Wishes!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were very pleased with our standard room and friendliness of the staff. Our room was clean, newly renovated, and the inn was located within walking distance of restaurants and the trolley into Old St. Augustine. We definitely would stay here again and would recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nanny5x
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

We all, at the Cozy Inn, appreciate your words and taking the time to write a review for us! We are very happy that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our "Cozy" Inn! Please come back again - we'd love to see you!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had a great time staying at the Cozy Inn. The townhouse suite was the right size for our family of four; everything was clean and almost new. The service was excellent! It's close enough to walk to the historic district but for our little ones (a 3 year old toddler and a baby), it would have been too much effort. It was nice to have access to great restaurants and even chain/fast food places, so we could grab a bite without going far. The drive to the Anastasia State Park beach was just about 10 minutes, and it was a nice route (you see the lighthouse and parts of the old town on your way). We would definitely recommend this place and we look forward to our next visit! My only wish is that breakfast would be included... oh well!

Room Tip: It would be a tight squeeze to share the townhouse suite with four adults, but doable if you don'...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thanks for your wonderful feedback! We are so happy that you enjoyed the Townhouse experience - it is great for families that want to feel really at home with a full kitchen, bath and bedroom loft. We try to offer all kinds of amenities. It sounds like you really got around our beautiful city and enjoyed your stay! We are so happy you had a such a great time with us. We always try to figure out a "breakfast" but it's very difficult when you don't have a large common area like the chains. But we do have other "Charms"! We will certainly take your feedback and think :-) Thank you for your suggestion and your wonderful comments!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

From the street you don't have a clue of how wonderful this place is to stay. My wife and I stayed in one of the townhouses (#36) for 2 nights for our Anniversary. From the time I called in to book the room until the moment we left all was perfect! Well worth the few extra $ over what we have paid to stay in some of the local "Chain" hotels in the past. Zero street noise and close enough to stores, restaurants, and a very short distance to downtown district. When we opened up the door we were greeted by a welcome card for our Anniversary with a bottle of San Sabastian wine and two glasses! Everything we needed was there; a full kitchen, two flat screen TV sets (one upstairs in the bedroom with the king sized bed and one downstairs as well), plenty of extra towels and blankets if needed too! The cleaning staff was very accommodating and friendly. On the day of our check-out we met the owner and he was sincere in asking if we were satisfied with everything. He recommended a restaurant for lunch and gave us coupons for a free glass of wine or beer with lunch. We did take him up on the offer and enjoyed lunch overlooking the water by Vilano Beach. We can't say enough of how much we enjoyed our stay! All the posts about it being spotless are true!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Townhouse #36, very nice. I peeked in one of the other rooms, a deluxe suite I believe...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank injunwiz
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you so much for this review! I am so sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I really thought I had - but see that I didn't. Thank you for your patience!
We all appreciate your comments. You are wonderfully descriptive in your experience from day one until you left us and it's great to see how pleased you were. Our Staff is incredible and everyone works together to be sure that you are comfortable and have everything you need. We also believe that if you choose The Cozy Inn to celebrate a special occasion - we should help you celebrate and show our appreciation. If you trust us to help you celebrate - we had better come through for you! We are thrilled that you feel that we did. Again - thank you for your comments and please come back to visit us - again and again! Take Care!

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a single night with our two dogs after leaving a beachfront hotel, and we could not have been more pleased. We stayed in one of the available townhouses. The staff graciously accommodated our early check-in, and provided valuable insight to the area and our wants/needs. Though we only stayed one night, I really appreciated that they only charge a pet fee per stay, not per night (we could have saved a bundle by staying with them and had a better stay than the other place we stayed on beach). I highly recommend this property to any interested in staying very close to the historic old town, whether you bring your 4-legged friends or not.

• Stayed: May 2013
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Hi there. I just saw where I hadn't responded to your wonderful review and I sincerely apologize. We are very happy that you had such a good experience with us! As you can see - we are doing all we can to make sure you and all of our guests enjoy your accommodations and that you have everything you need! We are glad our pets enjoyed it too :) and very much look forward to your return visit! Thank you again for taking the time to write about us!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Making the rounds again in Florida. I probably stay at more hotels in Florida than the average person, and when in Northeast Florida, this is the spot! Rooms are tastefully appointed. Each time I am given a different room. Each of the rooms so far have had a bit of a different, call it unique, sort of ambiance. Everything is at your fingertips and the rooms are pristine, call that CLEAN! No bugs, no critters, nothing but a sound (read that as soundless), comfortable night's sleep. Free blazing fast internet is provided if you are in need of connectivity. It's close enough to everything, and far enough to be away from the crowds. I think it's run by a family? So, everyone around seems to care about everything. Being a pretty busy place, and supported by some good, solid reviews, makes for a good choice to stay here whenever in town.

Room Tip: Depending upon what your needs are: room "type" choices are plentiful. Ranging from a coz...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

What a great review - and we sincerely thank you for sharing your thoughts! We are thrilled that you stay with us each time you are in the area. I truly speaks to the fact that you feel welcomed, comfortable and know each time that you will be staying in a clean and meticulously maintained room or suite. You captured so many things that we work on to keep us the Inn that is just a little different than other places you could stay. Our rooms are Cozy and Clean, Our suites are each different in décor and theme and just as Clean and Cozy as the standard rooms. We do try and make sure our guests are well taken care of and show our appreciation in every way possible. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and suggestions - this mean so much to all of us at The Cozy Inn! We are waiting for your next visit and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I, along with our little Chinese Crested dog, drove from Texas to St Augustine for a road trip vacation. We had to change our schedule twice and the staff was very patient with us as it took several phone calls to finally get it sorted. When we arrived we were greeted so warmly, it was as if we were home. We were in rm number 20 and while it was cozy, it was very clean and comfy. The staff was so accommodating personable!! The little kitchenette was perfect for us since we had brought sandwich making items for our road trip and in order to save a few pennies.
We recommend that if you are visiting St Augustine, you use one of the tour trolleys. For $23 you get free parking and can ride for three days. It is a hop on hop off set up. If you opt to drive and park in the old town, you will pay up to 10 dollars to park if you find a parking spot at all.
We also highly recommend the City walks tours! We did the "savory fare" with Alan and it was the highlight of our visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

We love this type of review - you were specific about what worked for you in our Inn and also shared some great suggestions about St. Augustine and how our guests can do things that will help them enjoy their stay. It also helps us to make recommendations! We are happy you enjoyed our efficiency unit. It is perfect for a stay where you don't want to be in all the time or out all the time - you can fix a quick meal and run - or just heat up some good coffee or tea and relax! And also store some items for those late night snacks that seem to always hit when you are on vacation. We are happy your dog was comfortable too - we enjoy being pet friendly. Thank you for the tips about the tours - we are going to check out that walking tour - you peaked our interest! Thank you again for taking the time to write! Come back and see us soon!