“Cozy Inn and Spotless Inn!”
Review of The Cozy Inn

The Cozy Inn
Ranked #3 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
New York
“Cozy Inn and Spotless Inn!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Making the rounds again in Florida. I probably stay at more hotels in Florida than the average person, and when in Northeast Florida, this is the spot! Rooms are tastefully appointed. Each time I am given a different room. Each of the rooms so far have had a bit of a different, call it unique, sort of ambiance. Everything is at your fingertips and the rooms are pristine, call that CLEAN! No bugs, no critters, nothing but a sound (read that as soundless), comfortable night's sleep. Free blazing fast internet is provided if you are in need of connectivity. It's close enough to everything, and far enough to be away from the crowds. I think it's run by a family? So, everyone around seems to care about everything. Being a pretty busy place, and supported by some good, solid reviews, makes for a good choice to stay here whenever in town.

Room Tip: Depending upon what your needs are: room "type" choices are plentiful. Ranging from a coz...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
What a great review - and we sincerely thank you for sharing your thoughts! We are thrilled that you stay with us each time you are in the area. I truly speaks to the fact that you feel welcomed, comfortable and know each time that you will be staying in a clean and meticulously maintained room or suite. You captured so many things that we work on to keep us the Inn that is just a little different than other places you could stay. Our rooms are Cozy and Clean, Our suites are each different in décor and theme and just as Clean and Cozy as the standard rooms. We do try and make sure our guests are well taken care of and show our appreciation in every way possible. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and suggestions - this mean so much to all of us at The Cozy Inn! We are waiting for your next visit and hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I, along with our little Chinese Crested dog, drove from Texas to St Augustine for a road trip vacation. We had to change our schedule twice and the staff was very patient with us as it took several phone calls to finally get it sorted. When we arrived we were greeted so warmly, it was as if we were home. We were in rm number 20 and while it was cozy, it was very clean and comfy. The staff was so accommodating personable!! The little kitchenette was perfect for us since we had brought sandwich making items for our road trip and in order to save a few pennies.
We recommend that if you are visiting St Augustine, you use one of the tour trolleys. For $23 you get free parking and can ride for three days. It is a hop on hop off set up. If you opt to drive and park in the old town, you will pay up to 10 dollars to park if you find a parking spot at all.
We also highly recommend the City walks tours! We did the "savory fare" with Alan and it was the highlight of our visit.

Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
We love this type of review - you were specific about what worked for you in our Inn and also shared some great suggestions about St. Augustine and how our guests can do things that will help them enjoy their stay. It also helps us to make recommendations! We are happy you enjoyed our efficiency unit. It is perfect for a stay where you don't want to be in all the time or out all the time - you can fix a quick meal and run - or just heat up some good coffee or tea and relax! And also store some items for those late night snacks that seem to always hit when you are on vacation. We are happy your dog was comfortable too - we enjoy being pet friendly. Thank you for the tips about the tours - we are going to check out that walking tour - you peaked our interest! Thank you again for taking the time to write! Come back and see us soon!
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The choice of Standard or suite is available, I choose the standard, based on price and availability. Nice, clean, simple rooms, amply designed bathrooms, easy location from historic district, not far from beaches either.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
We are so very happy that you not only enjoyed your stay in one of our Standard Rooms at the Inn - but that you were comfortable and pleased with the accommodations! The rooms are small and Cozy and we recently redid the bathrooms so they are nice and up to date. Thank you for taking the time to write about us and please - come back to us soon!
Florida
Reviewed May 2, 2013

When my husband and I decided to stay in St. Augustine for the weekend, we wandered into the Cozy Inn to see what their rates were. VERY affordable, we were so pleased that we had a great deal for so much. They are so welcoming and the room was SO CLEAN. That is my number one about staying in hotels and they did a fantastic job. Our room was well stocked with towels and it was the perfect size for us. We enjoyed our stay and my husband especially appreciated the HD Tv Channels.

1 Thank Emily T
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Hi there. Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We are thrilled that our Inn was all that you needed and wanted it to be. Comfortably and Cozy - that's what we work towards every day. Our Staff are amazing. They know that they have as much time as they need to make sure each room, suite or townhouse is perfectly neat and clean - and they take pride in their work. We are very fortunate. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you stop by again - soon!
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for our 2nd year wedding anniversary. Our first year we stayed at St. George Inn which is PERFECT but was sold out because I took too long to book. We stayed in the Anniversary/Honeymoon/Executive Suite. When we arrived, the lady at the front was great and very very nice. Now time for the room.

The room was nice and had a good smell. The HUGE two person spa they talk about is broken and has been broken for a long time when I asked. They should take this off their website. My wife and I really wanted a spa and not a tub.

Now for parking. All the little cheap rooms have assigned parking. Having the most expensive room, I figured he would have assigned parking. Well come to find out, they told us we would have to park in the road if there was a spot open or one block away on another property and walk. Let it be noted that there IS a parking sport DIRECTLY in front of our room. I asked why we could not park there and she told me that it used to be the parking spot for our room but they took a parking spot away from a room in the back and gave that one to them!?!?!?! Now I’m lost and pissed. Not to mention we have our 18 month baby with us. I should also add that it rained the entire time. Well, as it was raining, we parked in the parking spot in front of our room so we could unload and get our child out of the car. In this short time, the person who claimed the parking spot called and complained on us. We got a phone call and were told to move the car. I told them I was unloading and would move it.

The workers are GREAT but from what I am told, it is the owner that has no clue how to run this place. I will NEVER stay here again or ever recommend it. Also, this is now a motel not a bed and breakfast.

Here is the most important tip I can give you. I have stayed at several places in St. Augustine with this being the worse. This is the FIRST time we have ever stayed off the strip. If you cannot afford to stay on the strip or if there are no rooms available on the strip, DO NOT GO. This was a waste of money and time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jakerofl
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
We are incredibly upset that you had such a negative experience. Our spa has been giving us problems for some time, leaks and noise that disturbed our guests - it's been a problem. The leak got much worse and we had to close the spa. We were booked solid and tried to keep it going - but finally we had to pull it out, refinish it and turn it into an oversized two person Roman Tub. It's beautiful with no noise and no leaks - thank goodness. I realize that didn't help you though. The parking spot was being used by our handicapped suite. You are correct - parking is rough in a historic town. We will continue to try to make this better. We are so proud of our Inn that this situation is affecting us and our staff. This suite is a beautiful one - as you can see. We have now repaired the tub - and it's a gorgeous as ever. We wish your experience had been a more positive one for you and with better weather. We promise you that this suite is magnificent - only now with a beautiful Roman Tub for Two. Please contact us so that we can make things right for you.
Salem
Reviewed April 29, 2013

As the name says--The Cozy Inn is cozy, quiet, clean, nicely decorated room, absolutely adorable. The landscaping just added to the cozy, quaint style. Friendly staff and the owner was very accomodating when we wanted to book another night and our room was reserved for someone else. He found us another room at the Cozy Inn.

Room Tip: No tip needed for a specific room, they all are perfect.
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
What a wonderful review you have written for us! We really do work so hard to make sure that our rooms are nicely decorated, clean, comfortable and Cozy! We have been working on each room and on the property for 15 years - trying to make it a wonderful yet affordable place to stay. We also work on the property ourselves - as it's a very personal place to us. Thank you so much for appreciating that. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say...the cozy inn really exceeded my expectations...cost: very affordable, location: less than a mile from city center...easily walkable, staff super friendly and most of all the room was very cozy and with an emphasis on sparkling clean!! I will definitely return and recommend! Thanks for making my boyfriend's and I first trip to St. Augustine enjoyable.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Livelovelaugh N
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Hi there. We are incredibly happy that we helped make your first trip with your boyfriend to St. Augustine a visit to remember! Somehow I think the two of you created those memories ;-) - but we are thrilled we could provide the perfect place for you! Please come back again - we'd love to see you! And let us help you create some more great memories!