“very clean and GREAT service”
Review of The Cozy Inn

The Cozy Inn
Ranked #3 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed April 13, 2011

the standard room we stayed in was exceptionally clean, but the room was a little small. The service made up for the small room.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 3, 2011

Not a big room but for sleeping purposes it was fine. Super clean and easy to get to. would go back again. The manager was very nice.

Reviewed April 1, 2011

The Cozy Inn is a great choice for St Augustine. It's close enough to the main part of town yet far enough away that you get better rates and less noise. It's the sort of place you don't want too many people to know about because then you won't be able to get a room yourself and they'll put the rates up!

We had two rooms. It was my wife and I, and my parents. The Cozy Inn has two sites, one either side of the road. We were on the side of the office where you check-in. I believe they have suites too and maybe these were on the other side of San Marco road.

The rooms appear either new or refurbished recently. Particularly the bathrooms, which were nice. It's good to have a nice bathroom.

The rooms were clean. However, unfortunately ours had that stale smoke smell. In fairness we had not specified two non-smoking rooms when booking although since most people don't smoke these days it might be an idea to ask guests when they're booking whether they'd like a smoking or non-smoking room or better yet just don't have smoking rooms. That means you don’t have any upset customers (well the non-smokers, the majority) and the business doesn’t have the cleaning/refurbishment costs.
As we were leaving and checking our room I found a used cigarette butt under the bed. Disappointing that it had been missed by the cleaners and strange because the rest of the room and bathroom seemed really clean. I doubt this was the sole source of the smell though.

Had it just been my wife and I, we probably would have said something about the smoke smell and tried to change rooms but because my parents were there and the trip was more for them I didn't want to do anything that would spoil their trip and tarnish their enjoyment.

The rooms we stayed in had parking directly outside the room, which is really convenient and very helpful since parking in St Augustine can be difficult and I know some of the hotels in the area do not offer any.

The rooms had coffee making facilities and a TV and alarm clock. The bed was comfortable and the shower worked well.

The Cozy Inn is within walking distance of the main town. It would take about 15-20 minutes leisurely walking and there are things of interest along the way (including a cupcake store!). Also, Ripley's Red Train goes right by the hotel although I'm not sure if they'd make an exception and stop there for you. However, one of their main offices/stops is a short walk away (5 minutes-ish).

On arrival we were very warmly received by the gentleman in the office and he couldn't be more helpful offering suggestions for dinner and offering his help if we needed it with anything.
My parents did have an issue with a noisy fridge keeping them awake and an attempt was made to fix it but in the end unplugging it was the best option (it wasn't being used).

Despite being next to the road (and our room was right next to the road) we didn't find it noisy and had a great nights sleep every night. Although there were some weird random crack/bang noises (a bit like someone knocking on a door) that were probably the freezer in the fridge but we never pinpointed exactly. Could have been something heating up and expanding though because it seemed to be just in the mornings?

Overall we would all definitely recommend this hotel. The prices are great (please don't change them!); it is in a good location; the staff are friendly and helpful; you have the free and convenient parking; it has an attractive and fresh facade and the rooms are clean and modern.

Room Tip: Specify non-smoking (if that applies) when booking
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Everything from the front desk service to the room was 5 star. We loved our stay and can not wait to do it again. I would highly recommend this establishment for any length of stay. We stayed in the Honeymoon suite....The location was also very good.

Reviewed March 20, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at The Cozy Inn several times in the last few years during Bike Week and Biketoberfest. The Cozy Inn rooms are super clean and very comfortable. The price is fair and affordable. The small rooms with queen size beds have everything you need for a pleasant stay including refrigerator and microwave. The one bedroom suites are tastefully decorated and include a fully furnished kitchen. The staff is efficient, accomodating and friendly. We are on the motorcycle so parking at the door is a must and this is the situation at The Cozy Inn. The location is just a short drive from downtown and a short walk to the trolleys. There are several nearby restaurants with good food and good service. Dunkin Donuts is a great place for breakfast. There is a clean laudromat a few blocks down the street that we use. We normally park the bike at the room and get a 3 day trolley pass to ride downtown and around the local attractions. We can never get enough of St. Augustine, its history and attractions. We will difinitely be returning to St. Augsutine and The Cozy Inn this fall.

Reviewed March 12, 2011

This place was one of the best finds EVER!!! I was out for a Sunday dive last week and had no Spring Break plans, however, I mosied in to the Cozy Inn to check out one of their suites--It was love at first sight. I called later in the week to book the suite and they were very nice when questioning me about my travel companion-my 70-pound Greyhound. We arrived late for check-in and our suite was more than I had bargained for-decorated beautifully and so clean you could have eaten off the floors. The inn is about 2.5-3 miles from downtown St. Augustine, so I could have easily left my car if I wanted to-I just enjoy driving-and due to Bike Week traffic was fairly bad. The Inn is near some of the best restaurants in St. Augustine, particularly Le Pav and Raintree. The suite had a full kitchen and fridge, plus micro and coffeemaker. I love my coffee fresh and hot, so I appreciated these comforts.

The bedding was exquisite-this from someone who sleeps on Tempurpedic at home! I slept like I had been murdured. Beds super-comfortable and the housekeeping staff were personable and accommodating-I always ask for extra king sheets to drape over furniture when I travel with my dog as she WILL lie on beds and couches, so I like to help keep it clean. Office and everyone were extremely nice and made me feel like I was staying with friends. Hotel grounds are landscaped beautifully-small matter, but still really pleasant to look at coming and going. I extended my stay for a day and everyone was super-helpful in getting us out of our old room and into the new one.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We stayed in the townhouse which is a good value and very homelike. Full kitchen needed corkscrew sharp knife and glasses other than wine glasses. Plug in air freshner was overwhelming and not needed; this is one of the cleanest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in!! Friendly staff and very quiet. Short walk to trolley this hotel is about a half mile or more to the olde town district.

• Stayed: March 2011