“Perfect Getaway in St. Augustine, FL”
Review of The Cozy Inn

The Cozy Inn
Ranked #3 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed March 20, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at The Cozy Inn several times in the last few years during Bike Week and Biketoberfest. The Cozy Inn rooms are super clean and very comfortable. The price is fair and affordable. The small rooms with queen size beds have everything you need for a pleasant stay including refrigerator and microwave. The one bedroom suites are tastefully decorated and include a fully furnished kitchen. The staff is efficient, accomodating and friendly. We are on the motorcycle so parking at the door is a must and this is the situation at The Cozy Inn. The location is just a short drive from downtown and a short walk to the trolleys. There are several nearby restaurants with good food and good service. Dunkin Donuts is a great place for breakfast. There is a clean laudromat a few blocks down the street that we use. We normally park the bike at the room and get a 3 day trolley pass to ride downtown and around the local attractions. We can never get enough of St. Augustine, its history and attractions. We will difinitely be returning to St. Augsutine and The Cozy Inn this fall.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Cozy Inn

Reviewed March 12, 2011

This place was one of the best finds EVER!!! I was out for a Sunday dive last week and had no Spring Break plans, however, I mosied in to the Cozy Inn to check out one of their suites--It was love at first sight. I called later in the week to book the suite and they were very nice when questioning me about my travel companion-my 70-pound Greyhound. We arrived late for check-in and our suite was more than I had bargained for-decorated beautifully and so clean you could have eaten off the floors. The inn is about 2.5-3 miles from downtown St. Augustine, so I could have easily left my car if I wanted to-I just enjoy driving-and due to Bike Week traffic was fairly bad. The Inn is near some of the best restaurants in St. Augustine, particularly Le Pav and Raintree. The suite had a full kitchen and fridge, plus micro and coffeemaker. I love my coffee fresh and hot, so I appreciated these comforts.

The bedding was exquisite-this from someone who sleeps on Tempurpedic at home! I slept like I had been murdured. Beds super-comfortable and the housekeeping staff were personable and accommodating-I always ask for extra king sheets to drape over furniture when I travel with my dog as she WILL lie on beds and couches, so I like to help keep it clean. Office and everyone were extremely nice and made me feel like I was staying with friends. Hotel grounds are landscaped beautifully-small matter, but still really pleasant to look at coming and going. I extended my stay for a day and everyone was super-helpful in getting us out of our old room and into the new one.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We stayed in the townhouse which is a good value and very homelike. Full kitchen needed corkscrew sharp knife and glasses other than wine glasses. Plug in air freshner was overwhelming and not needed; this is one of the cleanest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in!! Friendly staff and very quiet. Short walk to trolley this hotel is about a half mile or more to the olde town district.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 4, 2011

This place has a good location, convenient to most of the attractions. It is clean and the staff is friendly. Our room was rather small, and there was some street noise, but it was a good place to stay on balance.

Reviewed February 24, 2011

We stayed in the townhouse for one night with our German Shepherd. The accomodations were very nice and comfortable and all looked to be brand new. We had a full kitchen and a small sitting area with a sitting area in the kitchen as well. The bedroom was upstairs and very comfortable with nice linens and towels. We really enjoyed staying here and were happy that they were pet friendly. The inn is within walking distance of St. Augustine and there was no charge for parking. We were able to park right in front of the townhouse.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

My girlfriend and I recently visited St Augustine Florida and had the pleasure to stay at the Cozy Inn. This Inn has been renovated and maintained to the highest standards. It is a beautiful property and the name says it all. Very cozy and romantic. The location is excellent near to St George Street and all the historic attractions. If you want a clean, comfortable and romantic setting at a reasonable price, The Cozy Inn is the place to stay

Bill B

Reviewed February 21, 2011

How could all these people have recommended this motel? The room was extremely small - much smaller than the standard motel room. (In case you care about this, the television was also way smaller than average too.) Though I specifically asked for a non-smoking room, our room reeked of stale cigarette smoke. Though the room was relatively clean, it was really cramped and smelly.

To make matters worse, the property manager was extremely rude and unwilling to help. When we asked about the smell of the room, she was very accusatory and told us that we should have asked for a non-smoking room (even though we did!) and it wasn't her problem. She also refused to honor our AAA discount because "we didn't check the box" - whatever that means.

This place is definitely not worth your time or your money.

1  Thank satellitecastles