“A very quaint shop with outstanding selection of pottery and wares”
Review of Market to Market

Market to Market
Ranked #14 of 100 Shopping in St. Augustine
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A very quaint shop with outstanding selection of pottery and wares”
Reviewed January 1, 2009

My husband and I drove up to St. Augustine from Ormond Beach, while on vacation visiting my in-laws. Not one to do the typical tourist route or a big collector of t-shirts, I pondered what I might take home to remember my trip that truly reflected the Floridian lifestyle and culture. You can imagine my delight, when I happened upon and discovered a little known gem tucked away in the corner of America's Oldest City. It was love at first glance as I browsed Market to Market - touching and admiring the craftsmanship of all the various handpainted pots and serving platters filling the shelves and floor. The vivid colors, authentic design, and total value for the money made me wish I had come here straightaway, instead of discovering this gem of a shop just minutes before closing time.
If you're looking for something beyond the ordinary that's of old-world quality, bold, and totally affordable, I highly recommend a visit (or two) to Market to Market in St. Augustine. All their pieces are the real-deal and quite affordable. I will definitely be coming down their way again in the very near future, as I'm remodeling my kitchen in the old world style and know Market to Market will offer just the touch I'm looking for. Happy shopping!

5 Thank carinaball

Savannah, GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A gem on St. George Street”
Reviewed June 17, 2005

When traveling to a city with a rich heritage, like St. Augustine, travelers like myself always hope to find just the right souvenir, one that reflects that city's culture. For my wife and I, the highlight of our shopping experience was Market to Market (22 St. George Street).

This quaint little shop sells imported Mexican, Spanish, and Portuguese pottery befitting the Spanish heritage of America's Oldest City. Whether you're hoping for a hand-painted vase or planter, a serving tray, or even custom made plaques for your home, Market to Market is the place to go.

We were pleasantly surprised to find a number of Latina locals browsing the wares -- a true testament to the authenticity of the merchandise!

The customer service was excellent. We picked out a few handpainted tiles and a frame for our house (photo 1). The staff was very helpful. They assembled the piece for us and held it for pick up on the following day. They even offered to ship it directly to our address.

(Those visiting Charleston, South Carolina will be pleased to know they have a sister store in that city, as well.)

11 Thank SavannahTraveler