“Spanish Courtyard”
Review of Market to Market

Market to Market
Ranked #15 of 101 Shopping in St. Augustine
Reviewed December 14, 2011

The look and feel of this place gave me a wonderful remembrance of some of the courtyards I visited in Palma Spain, and Italy. They do a very nice job of presenting wall pottery, little fountains, green & red pepper pottery with hanging mushrooms and the like. I bought several unique gifts for Christmas and even went back twice without my wife as she just loved the smiling lizard pottery which hang on the wall. So guess what's under the tree. I also bought some of the house numbers and plaque, since I can't seem to find these anywhere now. Great little shop for some unique items.

2  Thank Jeff L
There are newer reviews for Market to Market

Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband and I stopped in and bought several sizes of beautiful flower pots for my plants on our front porch. Everything is hand-painted, lead-free, and very unique with a Latin feel. They also carry gorgeous items for the home and kitchen! If you need to travel light they do ship Fed-Ex and even if you aren't having your items shipped they pack everything very carefully.

2  Thank Rach0626
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Me and my husband are from Jersey. We go down to st.augustine every summer. My husband knows I only go for one reason. To visit my favorite store that gives me all the compliments i get back at home for my garden. They have the best outdoor pottery and critters that make my yard look spectacular. My neighbors are always jealous. I try to pick up little pieces for them too. But its my treasure! We got house numbers years ago in a wonderful frame and they look awesome. I have also picked up many pieces for my kitchen. They have great dinner ware that can go in the dishwasher! Thats my favorite aspect about it. Everybody that works there is so helpful and friendly. I don't feel like i am just shopping at any store. All the workers and even the store manager are just a delight to visit. I reccommend this place to everybody who is inlove with pottery and great prices! And if your a first in the pottery world this is the place to start!!
P.S. They have a website you can shop from as well. Great website for all my holiday shopping. www.markettomarket.net

1  Thank Melly1212
Reviewed January 1, 2009

My husband and I drove up to St. Augustine from Ormond Beach, while on vacation visiting my in-laws. Not one to do the typical tourist route or a big collector of t-shirts, I pondered what I might take home to remember my trip that truly reflected the Floridian lifestyle and culture. You can imagine my delight, when I happened upon and discovered a little known gem tucked away in the corner of America's Oldest City. It was love at first glance as I browsed Market to Market - touching and admiring the craftsmanship of all the various handpainted pots and serving platters filling the shelves and floor. The vivid colors, authentic design, and total value for the money made me wish I had come here straightaway, instead of discovering this gem of a shop just minutes before closing time.
If you're looking for something beyond the ordinary that's of old-world quality, bold, and totally affordable, I highly recommend a visit (or two) to Market to Market in St. Augustine. All their pieces are the real-deal and quite affordable. I will definitely be coming down their way again in the very near future, as I'm remodeling my kitchen in the old world style and know Market to Market will offer just the touch I'm looking for. Happy shopping!

5  Thank carinaball
Reviewed June 17, 2005

When traveling to a city with a rich heritage, like St. Augustine, travelers like myself always hope to find just the right souvenir, one that reflects that city's culture. For my wife and I, the highlight of our shopping experience was Market to Market (22 St. George Street).

This quaint little shop sells imported Mexican, Spanish, and Portuguese pottery befitting the Spanish heritage of America's Oldest City. Whether you're hoping for a hand-painted vase or planter, a serving tray, or even custom made plaques for your home, Market to Market is the place to go.

We were pleasantly surprised to find a number of Latina locals browsing the wares -- a true testament to the authenticity of the merchandise!

The customer service was excellent. We picked out a few handpainted tiles and a frame for our house (photo 1). The staff was very helpful. They assembled the piece for us and held it for pick up on the following day. They even offered to ship it directly to our address.

(Those visiting Charleston, South Carolina will be pleased to know they have a sister store in that city, as well.)

11  Thank SavannahTraveler