“worth a stop on your visit to the ancient city”
Review of Old City Remedies - CLOSED

Old City Remedies
More attraction details
Owner description: The Nation's Oldest Drugstore as we knew it no longer exists. It is with great sorrow the chapter on this building's history has now been changed once again. The building still exists but is being changed from the charm it once was. The building was sold and will now be Potter's Wax Museum. I feel deeply honored that we got to be a part of it's history and dwell in this space for 5 years. It was a time of new beginnings for us and it enabled us to grow in so many ways. So now we move on to a new chapter and other new beginnings. We here at Old City Remedies still exist, just not at that location. We will use this time to expand and market ourselves and products in a way that we can reach more people. We do thank you for all the friendships we have developed and smiling faces that would come back again and again to give us their love and support. Visit us on Sat. or Sun. and you'll find us at the St. Augustine Flea Market. We still have all our great products like: loose leaf herbs, tea and natural skin care products created in our warehouse. Come on in and say hey, you'll be glad you did. It may not look like much on the outside but on the inside there is magic everywhere. Many Blessings to you.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
marianna
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“worth a stop on your visit to the ancient city”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

filled with very interesting items to browse....all original....quite a collection....been here many times and i still dont get bored when visiting....

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Zoya M

Maryland
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Wonderful women doing great thigns”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Walk in here and feel instantly different. Lisa greeted us warmly. Help is there if you need it, or just browse the terrific collection of herbal remedies (with advice if you want it), loose teas, soaps, lotions, creams, kombucha - all natural without preservatives or chemicals. I LOVE this place. It's a treasure trove. However, Lisa tells me that they will be moving to new premises in January, so you'll have to find them in a new location. The old locations is very cool: lots of old wood and feels like an alchemist's. It's worth getting off the tourist track and finding the soulful, caring women who ply their healing arts in Savannah. Walk out with a lift in your step.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Tric B
Venice, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Old Town Trolley Stop”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed just two blocks from this Old Town stop so when we arrived in St. A. mid afternoon, this was a very relaxing way to become familiar with the area. As the tour was nearing 5:00 a heavy rain set in. They gave us plastic ponchos, and switched us to an enclosed bus, then even brought us right to the front door of the Alexander Homestead.
We considered it excellent value and service.
And the $23 per person was a three day on and off pass.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Kim M
“Love this place”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I visit every 6 months and I'm always stoping here I love all their natural cures and as everyone has said the staff is so knowledgeable and helpful

Tampa, Florida, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this store.....”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My 1st time to St. Augustine was during Thanksgiving weekend & I fell in love!!! The Old Drug Store was one of my favorites. I'm a big history buff & to know that the building is in its original form was a bonus. I loved the old bottles of meds. Some of them I recognized but a lost were during my mom's era as a kid. I can't wait to go back....... :D

Visited November 2012