“Not as neat as you hoped”
Review of Old City Remedies - CLOSED

Old City Remedies
More attraction details
Owner description: The Nation's Oldest Drugstore as we knew it no longer exists. It is with great sorrow the chapter on this building's history has now been changed once again. The building still exists but is being changed from the charm it once was. The building was sold and will now be Potter's Wax Museum. I feel deeply honored that we got to be a part of it's history and dwell in this space for 5 years. It was a time of new beginnings for us and it enabled us to grow in so many ways. So now we move on to a new chapter and other new beginnings. We here at Old City Remedies still exist, just not at that location. We will use this time to expand and market ourselves and products in a way that we can reach more people. We do thank you for all the friendships we have developed and smiling faces that would come back again and again to give us their love and support. Visit us on Sat. or Sun. and you'll find us at the St. Augustine Flea Market. We still have all our great products like: loose leaf herbs, tea and natural skin care products created in our warehouse. Come on in and say hey, you'll be glad you did. It may not look like much on the outside but on the inside there is magic everywhere. Many Blessings to you.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Last minute, I planned a half-day itinerary for attractions in St. Augustine. What I learned is that there isn't a lot that is free or cheap there. When I saw this was free, I really wanted to go. It's free for a reason! Don't waste your time--there is nothing of value here. There are a bunch of old medicine bottles behind glass on shelves and that's all. There is a store part where they sell herbs but it was difficult to walk around with about 20 people in a cramped space. The only saving grace for walking out of the way to get there was there was an ice cream shop connected to it as well.

3  Thank MJay5
There are newer reviews for Old City Remedies

Reviewed November 25, 2012

It is cool to see all of the old medicine bottles and such! But it can tend to get a bit crowded in there.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Takes just a short time to walk thru and view lots of vintage drug store items. Reading the labels on the old prescriptions is worth the trip!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We went in there to see the free museum,which was small,but had neat stuff in it .The building itsefl is really neat too. Now the dislikes--The staff was very RUDE and pushy.The lady working there kept pressuring me to buy 'herbs; or some kind of junk.She kept pushing us even after we nicely told her we do not use herbal remedies.The store part is worth seeing,but stay clear of the rude 'herbal 'lady.

2  Thank mike927
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I visited three years ago and we bought several items from the Old City Remedies shop. In particular my wife has loved the pure Shea Butter which got rid of her Acne Rosea on her cheeks and also occasional bouts of eczema. Fantastic find and she is only now, after three years, nearing the end of the tub she bought. We highly recommend it. Fabulous team too. She has just recently been back in touch with them.

1  Thank larbert999