“Review of Tour”

The Ximenez-Fatio House
Ranked #24 of 189 things to do in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Dating to the Spanish town plan of 1573, the property is a centerpiece of St. Augustine’s oldest settlement and is a feature along the city’s first platted thoroughfare, Aviles Street.“The Ximenez~Fatio House museum is one of the first to interpret 19th century women’s history”William Seale, Ph.D.; author, historian, and consultant for interpretation since the 1970’s.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I brought my Mom to visit the museum house for her 85th birthday. She is a past president of the Pennsylvania Society of the Colonial Dames of America. We were given a private tour and our guide and the rest of the staff were great!!! We really enjoyed our tour.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This gem is for history buffs and anyone who likes to see how people lived in past centuries. Reveals some of the more unusual aspects of St Augustine's colorful, unique history. Kids and teens may be bored, but if you enjoy historical sites that give a strong sense of the past, you will enjoy Ximenez-Fatio House.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

great to see if in the area, was not one of the top must see for us. Had a good time overall. House tour avaliable which is would recomend.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have been to St Augustine a couple of times, but this was the first time on the Ximenez-Fatio House. We came based on the comments from Tripadvisor. We have no regrets. This tour offered a great view of St. Augustine in one of the oldest streets. The house was beautiful and well maintained. Our guide was knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the entire tour. She made a difference ensuring we all enjoyed the tour and made the tour worth the time.

This tour is not recommended for little kids.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

After a short boat trip and lunch, my husband and I decided to wander around downtown St. Augustine. Being history nerds (and tour company workers in New Orleans) we couldn't stop ourselves from going to the history museums and attractions. It didn't take long to find this gem.

We were lucky enough to be there early in the week, so we were the only two on the 1:30 (? or 2:30? I really don't remember which time it was) tour with Cindy. I don't mind other people, but since we were the only two, we could be the nerds we like to be and asked all our weird questions! Luckily for us, Cindy seemed to love it and answered them all with wit, humor and *tons* of knowledge.

The house itself is really interesting - and we got to hear about some archaeological digs that have happened in the back (I'm an archaeologist, too, so that was super interesting for me) and got to see some of finds. :)

This is a great tour and a great house. I highly recommend going on one of the tours (they're very reasonably priced) and asking for Cindy!

1  Thank Mary A