“Perfect location”

Best Western Spanish Quarters Inn
Ranked #25 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Great little hotel!
Staff very friendly and informative
Rooms clean and comfortable
Great location - can walk to the historic sites, many shops and restaurants in less than 5 minutes. We explored most of St Augustine on foot from this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Y7766DZjulieg
Bob K, General Manager at Best Western Spanish Quarters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. Clean comfortable room, friendly and informative staff. That is our teams goal here at the Spanish Quarter for each and every guest. We hope to see you back again real soon. Thanks again for the kind words.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Spanish Quarters Inn

Reviewed August 14, 2014

The room was good for sleeping and resting in between walking tours. Location was good to the historical area. I did not like the idea of having to pay to park my car at a room that I already paid for. The staff was helpful, allowed us to check in early before our room was ready (had to go back for key). Overall was good for purpose.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank robind681

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to see you back again real soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Nice hotel for the money. I wouldn't necessarily choose this hotel for an extended stay, but for a quick weekend or overnight stay, it's everything we needed. We found it pretty standard, nothing fancy...so so pool area, clean comfortable room. They offer a very nice complimentary breakfast, and the coffee is good. The great thing about this hotel is LOCATION. Quick easy walk to St. George St., restaurants, attractions, etc. Staff is friendly and helpful. We had a king room on the ground floor, bed was very comfy. Room was quiet and cool. Easy parking and very fair at $5/daily. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank darlenec58
Bob K, General Manager at Best Western Spanish Quarters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am thrilled to hear you had a great time, and found our hotel to your liking. Hope to see you on your next trip to St. Augustine.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

You can walk to pretty much anything from this location so it's great given that. It’s right across the road from the trolley and Ripley’s, very convenient. However, our room had an odor, it was loud at night, and the faucet in the shower was so loose that the hot water got a little too hot! I reported it and the front desk was nice and said someone would be up to fix it, and I think they may have done so, on the day we were departing. We only stayed two nights. We bought an air freshener for the odor and really didn't spend that much time in the room. I ranked it as very good because it’s reasonably priced, has a convenient location, we had a working refrigerator in our room, and the staff were nice.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank wildcatway e

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I would like to apologize for the problem you encountered during your stay. I hope the staff, location, and hotel amenities made up for the issue. I hope to see you again on your next visit to our beautiful city.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

rooms clean great staff, good continental breakfast. kids loved it. comfortable and pleasant. I would stay at this hotel every time I am in the area. One of the staff members gave the kids a hug at breakfast. so personable wish I could remember her name.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Theresa V

Thank you for the kind words. Sheri is the lady that hugged your kids at breakfast. She loves people (especially kids) and makes it her goal to make sure everybody that stays with us has a great time. Thanks again for your review, and we'll see you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is a nice quiet inexpensive hotel within walking distance of the historic downtown areas, and with tourist buses stopping right outside if you don't want to walk. I was there for a conference, but I hope to return someday for a family vacation. Parking is available at the hotel and costs $5 per night.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bob K, General Manager at Best Western Spanish Quarters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am always pleased to read reviews that find our hotel to be of a great value. We hope to see you again on your next trip to St. Augustine.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband had a business trip scheduled in Orlando for the week. Since this coincided with our 10 year anniversary, I decided to meet him Orlando to go out at night and then stop in St. Augustine on the drive back since this is where we spent a portion of our honeymoon.
We got to St. Augustine around lunchtime on Saturday and stopped at the visitor's center. The concierge insisted that all hotels were booked and there wasn't anything available anywhere close by. My husband decided to stop in at the best western right next door and just "double check." She claimed that she had two rooms available but refused to hold one so that we could check around to see if anyone else had anything available. She told us it would be $225 total cost for the night. She claimed that rates were high right now and even booking online in advance would only have saved us about $20. Feeling as if we had no other choice, we booked.
We were so disappointed in the quality of this hotel. For this price, we expected stellar rooms with every amenity possible. This was not the case, however. The rooms were small and mediocre at best. Very small bathroom and not even a kitchen area.
As we left, we were quite upset at having spent such an enormous amount of money for so little. I decided to pull up the rates for a Saturday night online. According to the website, we could book a Saturday online for $119 (which is more in line with what others charge).We paid over DOUBLE since our total was $248 after taxes and fees (when were told $225 was total price) for one night.
I feel like we were bamboozled and made to pay more because of the crowd this weekend. I really wish we had looked around more before settling on this because am I certain we would have found something more satisfactory that would not have cost us so much.
We have stayed at many best westerns and this one sure missed the mark. Other than its location (which is quite convenient), DO NOT GET SCAMMED!! They will charge you whatever they think they can get out of you!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank staceylynn383
Bob K, General Manager at Best Western Spanish Quarters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I would like to offer you my heartfelt apology that you feel like you were "bamboozled". Our goal is to have every guest who stays with us to feel like they had a good experience when they check out. I am truly sorry you don't feel that way. I would be honored if you would give us another chance to do that with you. Please call me personally the next time you come to St. Augustine and I will get you the best possible rate available.

Bob Kenyon, General Manager