This is a pretty nice hotel with a great location in St. Augustine. The best thing it has going for it is the staff- especially the front desk clerk by the name of Peter. We’ve been to St. Augustine several times and have stayed at both hotels and bed and breakfasts in the area so we are familiar with the area. We had an opportunity to stay at this hotel for at a good price, so we decided to go for a night. I made our reservation about a month in advance and the young man who helped me told me his name was Peter. He was extremely friendly and helpful. When we checked in, Peter happened to be on duty and acted delighted to see me. My husband and I checked into our room, only to discover the TV wasn’t working. Peter came right up and fixed it for us. We asked him to recommend a good restaurant for dinner and he went downstairs and brought us up a map of the area and gave us his recommendations while showing us where they were on the map. He did all of this for us while making us feel like it was a pleasure to help us. Truly, this is a remarkable thing to find in this day and age. As far as the hotel itself, it was not the worst place we’ve stayed in, but not the best either. The room, while on the small side, was clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was extremely small and smelled like urine; we’ve had a bigger bathroom at a Motel 6. There was some mold in the corner of the tub. Parking was crowded and awkward. The wireless didn’t work and they were waiting for someone to come fix it, which didn’t happen while we were there. The complimentary breakfast was pretty sub-standard and the dining area was tight. In fact, the whole hotel felt rather crowded but since we were only there for one night, it was do-able. The location was great and as I said the staff (specifically Peter) made up for the areas it was lacking in. Would I stay there again? If Peter wasn’t working there – probably not, especially if I had to pay full price. I would have been pretty disappointed in it if that was the case. If you can catch it on a special deal, this isn’t a bad place to stay because it’s close to everything and it’s fairly clean. Other than that – you might want to shop around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come stay at the newly renovated Best Western Spanish Quarter Inn! We're in the heart of the nation's oldest city. We have comfortable, petite rooms and breakfast is included. You can even enjoy complimentary room service! We are walking distance to St. George Street, Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum, the Lightner Museum and the Castillo de San Marcos. We provide leisure travelers with affordable and comfortable accommodations. Sightseeing trains conveniently stop right in front or our property. Nestled in downtown St. Augustine, the Best Western Spanish Quarter Inn offers all the conveniences you need for a pleasant vacation. You can also relax in our refreshing pool or stare at the stars in our whirlpool! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Best Western and Booking.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Spanish Quarter Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Spanish Quarter Hotel Saint Augustine
- Best Western Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Best Western