“Great Location!!”

Best Western Spanish Quarters Inn
Ranked #23 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We arrived early on Fri and were able to check in right away (a nice plus). Room appears to have been updated somewhat from last stay. New carpet, new bedding?, flat screen TV. Refrigerator in our room did not work, but we did have a cooler for our drinks. Bathroom very small.
All staff very friendly, helpful. Friday night suffered through a partying group at the pool until 4AM (we had to get up at 5:30 that morning). Next night, party started up again at 1AM, came back at 3:15AM. We called the front desk at that point and the young lady at the desk came right out and took care of the problem, pronto! Thank you! She was very apologetic and kudos to her for taking care of the unruly guests.
The breakfast area is small, but nice choice of items. Muffins, toast, bagels, cereal, hard boiled eggs, waffles, coffee, juice etc. Plenty to choose from to start your day.
Pool was a little dirty, spa appears to need to be re-surfaced...A little on the worn side, but a great relief to a hot day!!
A very convenient place to stay. Easy walk to the Fort, shopping, many restaurants. We easily walked to San Sebastian winery as well.

Room Tip: Room 18, while convenient to the pool during the day, proved a nightmare at night with partying grou...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank chs80
Siddharth D, General Manager at Best Western Spanish Quarters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thanks a lot for taking your time out and commenting. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. and we will keep trying to make it more better on your next visit.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have yet to read a review that has a real response from management. All the ones I have read do not address any negative issues. I booked my room through AAA. I expected a clean quiet room with a refrigerator. It cost me almost $250 for two nights. There was no refrigerator. The asst mgr said we could walk over and use the office refrigerator for our water. She kept pushing the trolly instead of telling me how to get to things we wanted to see. The towels were dingy yellowish and you practically had to step into the tub before you could close the bathroom door, we had ants and I found some strange bug crawling on my shoe, (I have no idea what it was).We had noise from the pool til almost ten at night as well as noisy people walking past our door both nights. The breakfast room was tiny and less than minimal. We could could have gone to a 7-11 and gotten a better breakfast. The only postive thing about the room was the shower pressure. To top things off, even though I had booked through AAA, the office said it was through someone else and I had to pay $10.60 to park at the hotel. The asst mgr said the room had already been deducted from my card and I had to pay $10.60 more or not park there. Also the A/C blew right on the bed and you cannot change the angle of the air and was extremely noisy.
Think twice before you book here. Go across the Bridge of Lions and get more of what you pay for.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Go across the bridge to get your moneys worth.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Hello Kathleen, I am extremely sorry for your bad experience at our hotel. after reading your comments me personally and my staff with make sure thta all rooms are up to date and even AAA mention that we charge for the parking. I apologise once again for the inconvinience.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The two strong points of the "Spanish Quarter Inn" are its location and solid wifi. St. Augustine is small and very walkable, and you pay to park everywhere, if you can find an empty space. Having a hotel right downtown where you can leave your car and walk through the historic center is a big plus.

Alas, in other respects not so great. Everything feels a bit crammed in. Tiny bathrooms - ours had a warped door and very weak shower. Maid service seemed to forget to replenish plastic cups. The photos on the corporate website make its facilities seem larger than they are. Tiny breakfast room (4 tables) - the only fruit offered were oranges. You can make your own waffles if you can avoid the crush of people trying to use it. Small uninviting pool. During our stay, the hotel switched from cable to Direct TV. Better TV (HTMI), but not all channels accessible.

Clearly St. Augustine has been hit by the recession, and this hotel shows signs of stress. It would receive a higher rating if the rate were $55 a night. At more than double that, it's fundamentally overpriced.

3  Thank crowdedfalafel

Hello, I like to apologise fopr the inconvinienece caused, me and my staff are trying to upgrade our rooms and bathrooms, and also our break fast area. So i hope when you come and stop by next time you will be able to enjoy your stay.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in early July. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean and spacious. It's a short, easy walk to the Historic Area. The sightseeing trolley has a stop across the street.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Siddharth D, General Manager at Best Western Spanish Quarters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Thank you ,for taking the time to write a review for Best Western Spanish Quarter. We are glad to know that you and your family had a wonderful time staying here. Me and my staff always try to make sure that our customer have the best time, when they stay here. Thank you for your review again, and we will see you next time soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the St. Augustine area that is planning to see the historic sites. This hotel was an all around great experience. The staff introduce themselves to you as you arrive and are VERY friendly and courteous throughout the entire stay. Sheri, the manager was exceptionally accommodating to us due to my dad's physical limitations. She and her staff were extremely kind and helpful. The rooms were nice decorated, clean, and up to date. We had fun at the pool, although it was kind of small. The breakfast was great. My kids loved the waffles and I loved the hard boiled eggs and coffee. The high speed wireless internet was really HIGH SPEED and the best part is, it was free. I would stay here again!

1  Thank Miriam H
Siddharth D, General Manager at Best Western Spanish Quarters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you Miriam, for taking the time to write a review for Best Western Spanish Quarter. We are glad to know that you and your family had a wonderful time staying here. Me and my staff always try to make sure that our customer have the best time, when they stay here, and I am glad to know that you enjoyed our rooms and breakfast , and your kids enjoyed the pool. Thank you for your review again, and we will see you next time soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My cousin and I stayed for a week in June and this hotel is so convenient to downtown. We were very pleased with our room even though the bathroom was really small. The rooms had recently been renovated and very clean. This was a perfect location to stay and was within walking distance of the historic district. We had free shuttle service and was across the street from 3 different places to get on the trolley. The parking was not the best but since we rode the trolley every day, we only moved our car a couple times all week. The breakfast was plenty to jump-start our mornings and then off to explore the oldest city in the US. The staff were very friendly and always willing to help with info or any questions we asked. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone whether you stay one night or longer. I will definitely stay here again myself!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gail1954
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Hello Sir, Myself Siddharth Dua ,the General Manager of Best Western Spanish Quarter, thanking you for the wonderful comment. We are pleased that you like our hotel and happy to know that we were able to make ur stay very pleasant.
Thank you, see you on your way next time.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

This hotel is so convenient to downtown. We are Florida residents and travel to South Carolina several times a year to visit family. This is the perfect location! We arrive late in the day just intime for a quick stroll in the historc district then its off to supper usually at the "Acapulco" resturant right on the bay side. Do not miss out on "Spanish Dutch Convoy" it is the best leather purse store I have ever seen. The staff at the hotel has always been very friendly and helpful. The parking is not the best but as I said we park and walk. The rooms are clean and have been rerurbished. The breakfast is in a small room but the waffles were awesome! they had everything you could want to eat. You could take your food to your room if you wanted.
I would highly reccommend this hotel to anyone for a short or long stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cherim24
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thanks a lot, for your comment.....At our hotel Best Western Spanish Quarter, we try to make sure our guests are happy and they enjoy their stay. Me, Siddharth Dua , the General Manager of the hotel and my staff are always there at your service, and will give our best to make your stay delightful.... Thank you