First off let me say that this was the first trip for my wife and myself to St. Augustine ,so we were both a bit leery about choosing a hotel . We had a shuttle from Jacksonville drop us off at the hotel about 2 pm. We checked in with the desk guy Pete (very friendly). Got our keys and went up to our room. I noticed the stairs and walkways (all outside) were clean and free of debris ,even though it was a windy day. We opened the door to our non-smoking room and it really was free of any smoky smell. Yet there was a bit of a musty aroma as "gold68 chevy" had noted in their review .We chose to simply leave the door open for awhile as it was a cooler day anyway. The room was a good size with 2 twin beds, table and chairs, armoire and a half armoire . The sink and vanity are separate from the bathroom .The vanity was a very nice size which my wife really appreciated as she likes to spread her make-up, etc . out as she gets ready in the morning. As some others have stated the bathroom is a bit small which means you have to lean into the toilet area to close the door behind you, but not that big a deal. The shower was a nice size . The bathroom overall was dated ,could use new grout , but clean. There were plenty of clean towels . The beds have clean and fresh linen on them . We were pleased . One thing was missing though .We had asked for a fridge when we booked the room.There was no fridge. I went and talked to Pete at the front desk and asked about it and he truly turned red with embarrasment . He apologized and asked for our patience as the maintenance man had left for the day. He asked if we wanted to change rooms but we had mostly unpacked so we declined. Pete promised there would be one in our room the next morning . It arrived the next morning with the housekeeping staff and it looked brand new. Speaking of the housekeeping staff , they do a very good job of cleaning and leave the sheets with that little extra bit of folding flourish . The beds were a bit too stiff for my liking , but were clean and there were plenty of pillows. The air conditioner worked fine and was pretty quiet. We sat by the pool and spa everyday. They were both clean . It was a bit chilly outside so the pool was out for us but we sat in the spa. It could have been a lot warmer . This hotel has a nice continental breakfast : waffles,muffins,cereal,toast,bagels, fresh fruit, milk ,coffee and juice. Its served from 6am to10am. I had dealings with the manager Shari daily and she pleasantly provided me with all sorts of info and assistance. This hotel is in a great location ,within walking distance of many great sights such as the fort and Ripleys museum and trolley train ,also food and drink establishments. By the way there is a convenience store a few blocks north of the hotel for any miscellaneous stuff,beer,wine,band-aids,etc. I would definitely books this hotel again .Good rates and nice people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come stay at the newly renovated Best Western Spanish Quarter Inn! We're in the heart of the nation's oldest city. We have comfortable, petite rooms and breakfast is included. You can even enjoy complimentary room service! We are walking distance to St. George Street, Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum, the Lightner Museum and the Castillo de San Marcos. We provide leisure travelers with affordable and comfortable accommodations. Sightseeing trains conveniently stop right in front or our property. Nestled in downtown St. Augustine, the Best Western Spanish Quarter Inn offers all the conveniences you need for a pleasant vacation. You can also relax in our refreshing pool or stare at the stars in our whirlpool! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Best Western, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Spanish Quarters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Spanish Quarter Hotel Saint Augustine
- Best Western Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Best Western