“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #27 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Cheriton,VA
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Room was large, spacious and clean. Bed very comfortable. No issues witj any ammenties. Also they do not charge for in room safe as posted in previous posts. Breakfast area nice and clean. Food assortment could be better. Overall very nice and I am picky. This was a king deluxe room.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel many times in the last two years because it's by our family. It is always neat and clean. The staff is helpful, Chellena in particular. Even though it's right next to I-95, there is no noise to speak of (and I am very sensitive to noise)

1 Thank Florence K
Indiana
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

So....last minute and scrounging to find a nice hotel we call Comfort ( was a busy weekend for them and every hotel I surmise). We end up talking with Chellena and she totally took care of us. She gave us an AWESOME room location (which was important due to the dive gear I needed to bring in wand dry). We ended up staying here longer than planned because of her fantastic customer service alone.

The other employees were very courteous but Chellena was a standout The cleaning lady was also extremely nice.

The room was clean and while not the most modern, it had everything we needed. The television is a flat screen and is perfectly acceptable. If you're expecting iPod docks, USB ports, etc you won't find it here (they do have a nice computer room / office in the office area). If you want a clean room, fair rate, and excellent customer service, this is your place. The beds are slightly bouncy but we prefer softer beds. I personally have back issues and slept well. The breakfast was fine and what you would expect from a place like this. The waffle iron is the standout in the breakfast lounge.

Thomas the comfort kitty and the new persian were both here to greet us. Hopefully the Persian finds a new home soon - very sweet cats.

Chellena - should you read this, please accept our sincerest thank you for making our St. Augustine stay an awesome one.

C & S ( the slackers :-) )

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank slerkins
North Augusta, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Although the hotel was a little harder to initially find, the location was perfect. Many places to eat very close by, two outlet malls right there, and only 7 easy miles to the historic city gates of St. Augustine. The staff was very friendly, no matter what time of day, always speaking and be very cordial. We had a double queen bed room on the 2nd floor. It was very clean, very comfortable. The beds slept very well-probably one of the best night's sleep we've had in a hotel. While we didn't try the breakfast, everyone seemed to enjoy it from what we saw. We will most definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there is a bad room-they are all non-smoking. We did like the 2nd floor, but the...
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Chellena is the best I was on a motorcycle trip to visit my grandsons I was soaked from the rain & tired she was verry helpful & made me feel like I was family she even made a candy bar with my name welcoming me

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while honeymooning in St. Augustine instead of the traditional bed and breakfast. I knew we would be out doing things downtown so spending the money on an expensive B&B wasn't something I wanted to do so this Comfort Inn & Suites was the perfect price with breakfast included. Chellena attended to the front desk almost the whole time we were there and made us feel at home there. The wood stairs to our room and the feeling of the lobby made it seem like we were staying in an adorable, big home. Our room was always clean and restocked when we got back each night, and there was fruit available 24/7. Chellena also helped guide us to local eateries and things we should do. I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to anyone else looking for a hotel near downtown for a lower price than actually staying downtown! The 8 minute drive was WELL worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynn Haven, Florida
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I called this hotel while we were on the road. I thought I was calling another Comfort Inn & Suites up the road a bit. Tonia was on the phone and was very nice when I made the reservations. When we arrived at the other hotel I was told that there was nothing in my name there. I showed them the confirmation number and phone number and discovered I had booked the wrong hotel. We weren't sure what was coming, but when we arrived here we were very happy. Mac was at the desk and I was greeted with a huge smile and a warm welcome. All my worries disappeared. The hotel was extremely clean everywhere and we had a good night's sleep. The breakfast the next morning was good. When we left, Tonia checked us out and was again, extremely friendly and accommodating. A big "thank you" to all.