“Great Stay”

Ranked #21 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
Lynn Haven, Florida
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I called this hotel while we were on the road. I thought I was calling another Comfort Inn & Suites up the road a bit. Tonia was on the phone and was very nice when I made the reservations. When we arrived at the other hotel I was told that there was nothing in my name there. I showed them the confirmation number and phone number and discovered I had booked the wrong hotel. We weren't sure what was coming, but when we arrived here we were very happy. Mac was at the desk and I was greeted with a huge smile and a warm welcome. All my worries disappeared. The hotel was extremely clean everywhere and we had a good night's sleep. The breakfast the next morning was good. When we left, Tonia checked us out and was again, extremely friendly and accommodating. A big "thank you" to all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Franklin, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

I booked online and was very happy with hotel. Everyone is so friendly. I traveled by myself but the staff, especially Chellena, were so friendly and helpful. I was missing my pets but Thomas, the Comfort Kitty, was great. Even Thomas was friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: This hotel is close to anything you want to do. Shopping, Historic St. Augustine, restaurants and 9...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay, The staff was friendly and helpful and the accommodations were very clean and comfortable. We especially appreciated the pillow choices. Breakfast was good and the area very well kept by the attendant. Our only disappointment was the shower water pressure.
We would definitely stay here again especially with the upgrade coupon on Tripadvisor.

Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I booked online so we didn't know what to expect. Upon arrival, Chellena welcomed us warmly and quickly informed us of all the hotel had to offer. Our room was very clean and spacious. All of the staff were helpful but Chellena, in particular, was a stand out. She answered our questions about the area and made additional helpful suggestions, such as calling the trolley service for us so we would not have to drive downtown. We also enjoyed our visits with "Thomas" the Comfort Inn kitty. The hotel was a very pleasant stop for us in our travels. Thanks Chellena!

1 Thank Sheri Hauner H
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were in town for the Mumford and Sons concert and found this hotel conveniently located at I95 and Hwy. 16, the same exit as the outlet malls. This is an older hotel that was totally redone, and they did a great job. The rooms are modern and spacious. The beds are very comfortable and I love the pillow variety they give you with a little note on your bed explaining which pillow is which. The room was clean and had a fridge, small microwave and a coffee maker. The staff went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. They even gave us a gift bag with snacks and cold water to take to the concert. :). To top it off was the hot breakfast. Waffles, egg and sausage muffins, pastries, cereal, yogurt, biscuits and gravy, the list goes on. Let me put it this way, we didn't leave hungry. Great hotel for the price!

Room Tip: We had a king suite on the third floor.
Fort Lauderdale, fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I booked this hotel using the Comfort Inn website for 2 nights and then found a cheaper night on hotels.com so I got one of the nights for free, according to the Choice Hotels Best Rate Guarantee. Based on the price that I paid ($70 total for two nights), I cannot complain one bit. However, if I had paid full price, I would have had some qualms. I loved that they let me check in at 11am. However, the room they gave me was a handicapped room. The only difference I noticed was the lower shower head that I was too tall for (I am only 5 foot 9 inches), which made it difficult to shower. Not a big issue. The other issue I had was that the room I was given was at the end of the hall, which fronts Highway 16. It was not too bad at night, but can get noisy during the day. It was also directly above the pool. When asked to be moved, the manager was very cold and gave me reasons why it was not such a big deal. The rest of the staff went on to tell me that they had absolutely no other rooms available. The one front desk attendant, Chellena, was very nice and told me to check back in the morning and they would do their best. I never did get moved. Not her fault, they were almost fully booked. Anyway, the rooms are spacious and SPOTLESS clean and the breakfast was very good and included hot items, as well as waffles. The pool is a bit small, but perfect temperature. The computer and printer in the lobby also came in handy.

Room Tip: Third floor, opposite side of hotel from I-95, and not close to the end of the hotel with the pool...
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My mother and I booked two rooms here for two nights largely based on customer reviews and price. This place and the staff are Outstanding. Rooms were incredibly clean, the staff, particularly Chellena, were so friendly and helpful and showed real concern that our stay would be a good one. And it was. I consider this a home run, and just hope the rest or our trip is as good. Thanks Comfort Inn and staff. We will certainly stay here again.