“The Right Stuff”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Easy off and on the interstate ,good location. New York style deli across the road. Quiet even though it is located next to interstate. Courteous and efficient registration. Breakfast bar well prepared and maintained.

Room Tip: Do not miss the deli.
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The room was just as expected - comfortable, roomy and clean. We enjoyed staying in the room because it felt like a home away from home. Also, the service was stellar. The manager was available when necessary, if we needed anything we were given it with a smile and no one was rude to us. The breakfast is more than you would expect from a hotel and added to the feeling of "home away from home." Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Get a suite!
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Fantastic overall beginning right with check in. The woman at the counter that early evening was superb, pleasant and helpful. When we came down from our room to go to dinner her suggestions and help on choosing a restaurant absolutely hit the mark. It also helped that she mentioned the parking meters downtown didn't have to be fed after 5pm.
Room was very comfortable, breakfast room was very nice even with some retiling and spiffing it up that was done at night during our stay. Nice offerings from eggs to waffles to cereals, great included hot breakfast which helped us get back on the road quickly.
Again, the woman at the desk that evening really left a great impression, sorry I didn't get her name.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank edepa
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We arranged a small group of families to stay here on rather short notice. Mac and Chellena were awesome in accommodating our rambunctious group. Chellena went way beyond what she needed to, to help us get area discounts and provided excellent information to maximize our stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good. Mac extended breakfast service for our group on Sunday morning after we returned from Mass.
The location is great. Easy to find.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Comfort32084, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for your very important and detailed feedback on your stay. I'm thirlled that your group enjoyed your visit to St. Augustine and had a very good stay at Comfort Inn & Suites. Moreover, your positive comments about our staff is especially gratifying. We do our best to make your stay very comfortable. Again Thank you for your comments. Please come back soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have stayed in St. Augustine about 4 times now and this time we stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites. The room was very clean and roomy. The staff was very helpful. The location was perfect. We parked the truck when we got there and never got back into it until we left. We could walk everywhere. We just loved it! Will definately be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience and that you were happy with your stay in Comfort Inn & Suites. I hope you visit again soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was really surprised after reading all these reviews, because I didn't enjoy my stay here. I did however, like the proximity to the outlets, and the diner across the parking lot. The first thing I noticed were long black hairs on my sheets and in the bathtub, and they weren't mine. I think the cleaning staff should wear nets if they have long hair because that's a real turnoff. The next thing was the safe which was sitting on top of the shelf over the microwave, right at eye level. You cannot close the safe door unless you set it, which I had no need to. It would be very easy to misstep and run right into it and lose an eye. I had some yarn with me and used it to wrap around the whole thing to tie it shut. The next problem was the toilet, a new one, but every ten minutes it would make a noise like it had just been flushed and was filing up with water even after adjusting the flapper. The worst thing of all was the sewer smell from the bathtub drain. As soon as the water hit it, the smell would not go away. The tub was slippery and it would have been very easy to fall if you didn't step with care. I could hear the conversation of those who were in the next room. Did I read somewhere that you got a morning newspaper? I didn't see a newspaper in sight. My room overlooked the pool which I would not have swam in. Swimming pool water is supposed to be a nice bright aqua color, this water looked untreated, still, and uninviting. These are not exaggerations because the place did look nice from the outside.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Comfort32084, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

First let me THANK YOU for your feedback and apologies for your inconvenience. Our housekeepers do wear hair nets and we will take action to not repeat this and will take care of the bathroom issues. We offer complementary USA Today newspapers on weekdays in our lobby, unless your stay was on the weekend. Regarding the pool, we maintain our pool daily and our guests were using the pool frequently. So far we have not received any complaints about the water quality. We have a commitment to complete guest satisfaction. If you still have concerns please call us at your convenience.

Mac Jerry, Manager

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed one night after a non stop drive from NYC. The room was ok. Refrigerator was knocked over when entering the room. Kinda noisy but I had a room next to lobby door. Convenient to outlet malls. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Choose room back side of building
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank wedgeclose

Thank you for your kind comments, your stay and willing to stay again with us. We hope to make your next stay to a different. Please give us the opportunity.

Mac Jerry, Manager