“Be on your best behavior or be arrested!”
Review of Old Jail

$25.86*
St Augustine Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour
Ranked #18 of 190 things to do in St. Augustine
Reviewed May 10, 2013

we enjoyed the tour of the old jail and the characters who provided the tour. The are all dressed as convicts and sheriffs. The gallows was a grim reminder of the punishment of the time.. There is some climbing of stairs and the guide allowed all to leave instead of making the trip to the 2nd floor. Very brutal day in the life of a convict as described by one of the "inmates"..

Write a ReviewReviews (1,620)

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We loved this tour! Very old historic stories and somewhat of a creepy atmosphere. The tour guide did a great job telling us stories about the establishment. I'd highly recommend this as an afternoon something to do, while visiting St. Augustine.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This jail, in my opinion, was spookier than Eastern State Penitentary (in Phila., PA, where I live). It was well worth the $12.00 admission price. Our guide, Sadie Mae, was awesome, energetic, and we were fortunate to have her. She definitely took you on a trip back in time! After the tour, you were free to explore the jail on your own for as long as you wanted to, which was a definite plus. I highly recommend putting this on your To-Do list if you go to St. Augustine!

1  Thank Patti W
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I've never been to a jail. A historical jail even more interesting. They've done a nice job with this tour. I think it's boring and scary for small children, but great for tweens and teens. I enjoyed it and the history of how people were treated is chilling. This is a unique experience and not touristy in a bad way. Go.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was a nice, fun worthwhile tour. Our tour guide was fantastic (I can't remember her name). She was very animated, funny, and informative. The old jail was interesting to tour and there are a lot of great picture opportunities. It was certainly one of the highlights of our trip.

Been to Old Jail? Share your experiences!