Tripadvisor

Ranked #65 of 651 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: The Florida Cracker Cafe has been a favorite for locals and visitors of St. Augustine for over 20 years. We serve only the freshest ingredients, using local flavors and influences to create an exceptional dining experience. We are located in the heart of St. Augustine's historic district. You can find us directly on St. George Street, one of the main attractions of the nation's oldest city. We offer outside dining on our garden patio, or you may choose to enjoy your meal in our contemporary dining room. Whether you are in the mood for a quick lunch or a relaxing dinner in a unique atmosphere, be sure to make The Florida Cracker Cafe your premier dining choice.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I had the fried green tomato BLT sandwich with cucumber salad. It was great. Our server was so nice and checked on us often. I will go here again when we are in the area again. Very clean restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (981)

Reviewed January 2, 2020

Had a lovely meal here earlier today on the tree shaded patio. The service was wonderful, and my cobb salad was prepared exactly the way I like it. There was enough salad dressing on the side. Pet friendly and they brought water for my dog. Glad I stopped in here

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed December 29, 2019

We were looking around George St for a place to have a late lunch and came across this Cafe. We had alligator tail bites, that were great. Then a poor boy sandwich which my husband couldn't stop raving about. My son had a fish sandwich, the fries were crisp. I had a very juicy grilled chicken sandwich. The waitress was very nice, the food came out to us faster than expected since they were very busy. It was a nice place for a quick lunch. I would definitely go back again when in St Augustine.

Reviewed December 22, 2019

Nice service, but they seemed to be low on waiting staff at times. The place was rather full.

Fries seem to be air fried, nice and crispy. Gator was overfried, but not greasy. The burgers are of good size and cooked to your exact demands.

Nice outdoor seating and confortable.

All in all a decent place for lunch, nothing spectacular but they get the job done.

Reviewed December 13, 2019

My family and I were walking arounds is St Augustine when it started to rain it was about lunch time so we decided to stop here since it was the closest restaurant, right off as we got sat the table leg piece fell, and my son had to hold the table in place lol, lucky the waitress and another worker got it figured out, our server as nice as she was, she seemed like we weren't her priority as if because we had kids we were not going to give her a good tip or something, which my wife always tips over 25%, but that her, the food was mediocre, personally not worth my money nor time, the food came sickly and hot, and the server again as nice as she was, did gave us the impression that we were bothering her a bit, all and all I would not go back, but for those who like bar style fried food and beer, I suppose this is right up their alley