“Surprised how good this place was”

Florida Cracker Cafe
Ranked #83 of 583 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Florida Cracker Cafe has been a favorite for locals and visitors of St. Augustine for over 20 years. We serve only the freshest ingredients, using local flavors and influences to create an exceptional dining experience. We are located in the heart of St. Augustine's historic district. You can find us directly on St. George Street, one of the main attractions of the nation's oldest city. We offer outside dining on our garden patio, or you may choose to enjoy your meal in our contemporary dining room. Whether you are in the mood for a quick lunch or a relaxing dinner in a unique atmosphere, be sure to make The Florida Cracker Cafe your premier dining choice.
Clarkston, Michigan
“Surprised how good this place was”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stopped in here for lunch and the place was very busy on this Monday in March. I wanted to order a fried fish dinner and asked if they fry fish, fries, etc in the same oil that they fry shellfish type seafood. They did and the server knew that immediately and had the boss come to our table.The boss asked if she could sit down with us and then proceeded to go over the menu of the items that would be safe for me to eat. Talk about caring service! After we had ordered she went to the kitchen and told them the issue and made sure they knew how to cook my meal away from shellfish. Our meal came out promptly and was great. One of the side dishes for the day was glazed carrots and they were the best carrots I've ever eaten. When we got up to leave the boss asked if our meal was okay and then was so pleased that we loved our lunch. Exceptional service & great food will have us returning.If you want fancy don't go here, but if you want great service and food this is the place.

• Turkish first
Fleming Island, Florida
“Good lunch spot”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Good menu. Good service. Decent prices. Good food. Had to wait on a cold day in March. Didn't like the fact they took others that came after us in front of us. When we approached them about it, all of a sudden we were next. Nothing spectacular, but a nice simple quick meal when you are out in St. Augustine and are hungry.

Florida
“I need to visit again-”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I've been visiting here for many years and we loved it, but unfortunately the last two times I came in -once in March 2012 and once in April. The food was not the same. The service was okay, but there was a dirty spoon in my tea..when I told our server she was really polite but charged me for another drink when I just wanted to replace what I had. It was not my fault someone had put a dirty spoon in my drink and I didn't want to drink it. I paid any ways but it did deter me from returning just because the quality wasn't the same, but like I said I need to go again because it has been quite a while and you never know whats changed !

Visited April 2012
Brooklawn, NJ
“No Objections”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

It was a simple, quick, good meal. We chose this restaurant because they had a nice, wide selection, tending toward the seafood end of things. We stopped in the mid-afternoon on a Sunday, and we were seated right away, and served right away. Our meals came out quickly, and with no issues.

The clam chowder was nice and clammy. They don't use any fillers, like potatoes - it's just clam (and for the person who objected - there were two packets of crackers). The crab cakes were good - nothing spectacular, but great for quenching hunger. The coconut shrimp were fine - decent size, decent amount. You get two sides along with your entree, and both of us enjoyed our sides - the cole slaw was particularly good

It was a cool day, so the only folks outside were the couple who brought a dog. They seemed well cared for as well. This is not a large restaurant, and I'm sure a full heavy crowd could get overwhelming. That said, we had a good meal, and I would definitely return.

Orlando, Florida
“Good Food”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stopped in here on a recent trip to St Augustine,,, Food is generally good and good service the only issue we had was they were busy and we had to send our Chicken wings back as they were raw... The staff was very good about this and we got them bach quickly with an appology.. these are really good wings when done right.
I definatly do recommend this resturant

Visited March 2013