“One of our favorite places...ever!”

Spanish Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #3 of 12 Bakeries in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Spanish, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Spanish Bakery & Cafe has been serving customers for over 40 years. We specialize in fresh baked bread, homemade empanadas, sausage rolls, daily soups, picadillo,(a beanless Spanish chili), salads, sandwiches, cookies and pastries. It is a fresh, fast & Homemade.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We go to St. Augustine at least 2-3 times a year. When we go, we head straight there from the car! We know that all is made fresh and if we don't get there in time, we'll miss out! The food is always fresh out of the oven, and just plain amazing. Never had fresh bread that melts in your mouth like theirs! The Empanadas, I could literally buy in bulk and take them home and have them every single day! We love St. Augustine, but have to say, THIS place is really what gets us excited to go! We at least eat here twice while there!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Tried this place after hearing rave reviews here and from other travel guides.

We got there around late lunch, so lots of the stuff was sold out. Shame, I would have loved a Cinnamon cookie. I have lots of respect that they only make a certain amount and once its sold out, its gone. All fresh. The staff were lovely, sweet and chatty.

I had the berry and white choc scone, husband tried the lemon cookies. Nice and tasty, but not the best Ive ever eaten. Compared to many of the tourist money traps that surround it though, its definitely worth a visit

1  Thank Bronwyn J
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Its a little shop off the beaten path but worth finding, fresh bread, empanadas, cookies, sausage rolls, soups .. the family and staff are great people making and serving great food .....

1  Thank GJ2-RPB
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Spanish Bakery is a fantastic place for lunch. I usually get a soup combo. Five dollars will get you soup, bread, cookie and a drink. The soups are loaded! You will find your belly full and jolly. The service is really good too.

1  Thank BlackCloud23
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Let me start by saying that this is not my first time eating here. Every year my daughter and I make sure we hit this place. You have to go early, before 12, because they only make so much food, and once it's gone, it's gone!! We love their empanadas!!!! Very light and tasty. It comes with a light fluffy homemade roll, drink and a cookie...all for $5.50. Seating is outside under shade trees! It's just a little place and you wouldn't even know it's there. Look for sigh just past Whetstone chocolates on St. George Street. I would definitely recommend them for an early lunch. (They also have sausage rolls and a stew/chili type dish that i can't remember the name of)

4  Thank Sandra D