“THE WORST FOOD IN TOWN!”

Schooner's Seafood House
Ranked #74 of 584 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
St. Augustine, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THE WORST FOOD IN TOWN!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family and I met there tonight to have dinner as my daughter was visiting. After placing our order, we received our appetizers which were cold, then came dinner. Dinner was cold and for the price the food was horrible. (The funny thing is this happened to us last year as well when we went had a family get together.) I will NEVER eat at Schooners again and recommend to anyone reading this that they think long and hard about going there!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank lstedner

Tampa Bay, FL
“Stop here every time!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We are not locals in St.Augustine but my family stops at this place every time we are in St.Augustine. The service is hit and miss but the food is always delicious!! They have the best coleslaw and hush puppies...true southern comfort food!

Visited June 2013
“Good local place, great food”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Best bang for the buck in this area. The food was very good and serving sizes large. The onion rings and homemade ranch dressing are a must have.

• Visited June 2013
Vero Beach, Florida
“Underated”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

If you're trying to balance price, service and food quality, you can't find a better combination. We found this place when we missed the turn back to our motel. We saw the crowded parking lot and noted the name. Back at our motel we asked the clerk about the Seafood House ans she said "all the locals go there". When we visited later that evening it made sense. The place was spotless, the service was friendly and spot on, and the food was plentiful and well prepared. If you're looking for a good meal, go there!

• Visited March 2013
Istanbul, Turkey
“Best fried shrimp in Northeast Florida”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you're in St. Augustine and want seafood, this is the place to go. Their fried shrimp is the best I've had, and the pink remoulade dipping sauce they bring with it just makes it even better. They have early bird specials on the dozen shrimp platter, but I always order the shrimp buster platter that has 18 shrimp. I'm a Jacksonville native, and my family makes special trips to St. Augustine just to be able to eat at Schooner's. The only other place I'd recommend in St. Augustine for shrimp is Barnacle Bill's (pretty sure they use the same recipes), but I prefer Schooner's because of their prices and the 18 shrimp option. The service is good, the hush puppies are great, but I wouldn't recommend getting a baked potato as they are hit and miss on quality.

• Visited May 2013