“Staff is friendly !!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acapulco Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Acapulco Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Staff is friendly !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

The food was good and the waitress Maribell was super helpful and friendly.
I'll be back for sure :)

Starke, Florida
“Almost Unedible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

This place is HORRIBLE. Anyone who has given this restaurant more than 2 stars, or says it's "great" probably thinks Golden Corral is a 5-Star restaurant, or they were paid for their review. My husband and I ate here a few nights ago. The staff was friendly. That, and the view, are its only redeeming qualities. The chips were STALE and the salsa tasted like a can of Hunt's tomato sauce. I COULD NOT EVEN EAT IT. That's when I noticed people around me leaving most or all of their food on their plates. The queso was worse than Velveeta - white sticky goop, and our entrees were bland and tasteless. Acapulco might be the worst food I've ever had! The owner and the chef should be ashamed of themselves. It's like they bank on the fact that it's a tourist town so they won't have repeat customers. I hate to be so negative but it was so bad. Not to mention that both of us wound up with stomach aches!

3 Thank Anita A
Miami, Florida
“Height of Tourist Season and Place is Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Worst place ever. The food and the margaritas are both disappointing and on the verge of being non-edible. When you walk in, the place looks nice and the servers are friendly. But then you go to order. We ordered the frozen mango margaritas. After waiting about 10 minutes, were told that the bartender said the machine was broken, but the waiter surmized that the bartender just didn't want to make them. So, he took our orders again. This time we ordered pomegranate margaritas and classic margaritas. We had finished our guacamole (made without tomatoes) and queso dip before we had anything to drink. We had to even ask for water. The pomegrante margaritas were straight alcohol and we couldn't drink them at all. The classic margarita was actually pretty good. We complained about the drinks to Enrique, the person in charge for the evening, and he also said that the frozen machine had worked earlier and was surprised we couldn't get the frozen mango margaritas. A few minutes later he magically appeared with half glasses of the frozen mango margaritas. The food came out and it was luke warm. I generally thought food was kept under a warming light before it was delivered and this obviously had not been the case. Pico was also made without tomatoes. It's now around 9:30 and the food is cold. I asked for it to be warmed up. The waiter came back a few minutes later saying "be careful the plate is hot" and carrying it with a hot pad. I picked it up easily with both hands - the plate wasn't warm at all. The enchiladas were hotter, but still the taste was just horrible. No one ate much of their dinner. We thought we would order another round of drinks only to learn that the restaurant closed at 10 because the disco on the other side of the building was opening up. Seriously? A restaurant closing at 10 on a Saturday night? And we still got charged for the pomegrante margaritas, until we made a fuss that it come off the bill. I think the barternder is very lucky to have a job as a barternder there and certainly isn't going to be there for long if he continues to behave like that and make the most undrinkable drinks in the world. Certainly the cooks need to be talked to again. I wouldn't recommend this place at all to anyone.

4 Thank DoriG0825
New York City, New York
“Make Sightseeing Better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

For respite from sightseeing in St. Augustine's heat with some margaritas, go to this two-story restaurant at the end of St. A's water riviera. The first floor bar has views from every seat. The second floor has seating indoor and out. Indoor you get live music and outdoor you get cool breezes. Food was truly a gourmet-like. We met the owner working the bar when we sat down; a friendly, good sport. The restaurant is in the sweet spot of St. A. It faces the fort and river on its corner lot; and it is around the corner from stroll-worthy St. George Street for little craft shops and more. Stopping here was like part of the sightseeing because it offered special food and drink, entertainment and atmosphere, views and proximity.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Its their way or the highway and the food-eh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

The view is nice. However, I encountered 2 things that view or not, I wont go back. My first issue is that I asked if I could just get some grilled chicken and flour tortillas. My son doesnt like all of the extras that come with most dishes (rice, guac, lettuce, etc). The waitress informed me that they dont make any changes on weekends-no substitutions. It seemed ridiculous because if they have chicken that they use to make chicken fajitas (chicken strips) whats the big deal-I am not making a substition-perhaps she means special requests? OK so fine, then I asked if I could get a quesadilla with no cheese. Again, "sorry we cant make subsititions". I said, I am not making a substituion, I am DELETING-you make money because I am not wanting all that stuff on it. It makes me think that they maybe they are not making the food themselves-maybe comes in frozen-I dont know. So-word of warning its their way or the highway. My SECOND issue is that I orderd their steak chimchurri (I cant recall what the dish is actually titled-but thats what it is says in the description). It was supposed to be skirt steak. It was not. And it was rubbery. There wasnt any "chimchurri". It was rubbery overcooked steak with pico de gallo. Chimchurri is a sauce with parsely, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar. It was awful. I wouldnt recommend it. Nice location and view so if thats what most important-knock yourself out otherwise, there are far better places to eat with a view.

3 Thank Davethewave1