“Good, you'll come back, but wish it could be better”
Review of Acapulco Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Acapulco Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've eaten here twice. It's the type of place you root for but wish it would improve. The atmosphere is appropriate for a Mexican watering hole, the service is better than adequate, the prices are reasonable, but the food, though not bad, could be better. I particularly like sitting on the 2nd floor balcony overlooking the water, main drag, and Castillo de San Marcos.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We went to Acapulco on Friday while all the Mumford and Sons groupies were descending on Saint Augustine. The service was excellent and the food was wonderful. We sat on the balcony and enjoyed a view of the bay and bridge of Lions.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The food was delicious and obviously freshly prepared by a kitchen that knows what it's doing. Our server was a delightfully pleasant young lady who was both gracious and efficient. The fish tacos were some of the best I've eaten anywhere. And the view!!! If possible, get a table on the balcony. There is a great breeze that makes it very tolerable on a warm afternoon, and the panoramic view is stunning.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This restaurant was soooo less than mediocre I cannot believe it is still serving to anyone...I believe the view would be the only draw to go again...It was awful service, awful, mediocre, less than uck, uck food...This was August 1 evening so hopefully it has changed but that day was awful. I had veggie fajitas that were listed to come with onions, tomatoes and mushrooms....mushrooms? ok....They were canned. The onions and tomatoes cooked from fresh and then canned mushrooms...it was tasteless and bland...I have not had less than mediocre tex-mex and can't fathom how it was just bad. The portion was large. I didn't eat but one fajita and left the rest.
I just am letting this review go...I wouldn't go here again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had one of the best meals ever at Acapulco Mexican Restaurant. The food was priced on the medium side but the view and service were well worth it. The food was also incredible and authentic.