“Maybe I am just too picky....”
Review of Acapulco Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Acapulco Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Placida, Florida
“Maybe I am just too picky....”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

But I thought that the chips and salsa -- which should be the staple of every good Mexican restaurant -- were not so good. The chips tasted like the oil they were fried in might have been a bit old....the rest of the meal, however, was good....delicious virgin pina coladas, excellent pork carnitas, yummy chili rellenos and OK fajitas....not sizzling like they usually are. I can't say it was a disappointment but it was not what I would consider excellent Mexican food. The service was good and probably if I had mentioned the bad chips to the waiter, he might have been able to check into the situation....he did bring a second basket but they had the same rancid oil taste....
The view over the water is lovely and had it not been terribly not, we would have eaten outdoors in the delightful breeze.

• Visited August 2013

San Francisco, California
“Awesome Happy Hour”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

You want a great happy hour with super cheap corona on tap and good house margaritas then look no further then Acapulco. Was staying for a wedding party at the Hilton and Acapulco is just a short walk down the way. Make sure to check this place out! Great staff and a great bar!

Visited August 2013
new jersey
“Mexican Food”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We ate downstairs cause I had 3 kids who were pretty much done and I didn't want them near other people. Happy hour margaritas were $4.00. The cheese queso was very good. We all got Mexican dishes and the food was good, service was good and the bill was cheap in comparison to everywhere else we ate this week. We did enjoy the food but with so many other restaurants in the area I would like to try another.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Great mexican food with a view of the waterway!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stopped in here Saturday night for an awesome quick meal at Acapulco Mexican Restaurant while visiting downtown. We sat upstairs and had a great view of the outside waterway which is across the street from the fort. All of our food was excellent. I had the fajitas and they brought me hot sauce upon request, while my wife enjoyed her large burrito. They were very busy but the service was able to keep up with our requests. I found the prices to be very reasonable for the area and comparable to standard mexican restaurant prices. I would definitely return here if given the chance.

St. Augustine, Florida
“Great Mexican Food!!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We are from California and New Mexico, so we know good Mexican food. We stumbled across the Acapulco while wandering around town, and we are so glad we did! The staff is just fabulous and welcoming; the food is incredible--especially the chicken nachos and the fish tacos; and the entire experience was enjoyable! We have been back twice since, and each time is as great as the last! We will make this a regular stop.