Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront
Jaybird's Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$89
$137
  • Pool
Southern Oaks Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$84
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$165
$130
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort(Saint Augustine Beach)
$110
$199
Autograph
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
$136
Travelocity
1,880 results
All reviewsbayfront roomgreat locationbay frontvalet parking isvalet serviceper daybridge of lionsbalcony roomold townoverlooking the baybeautiful hotelpark your carwalked everywherecasa monicaflagler collegehappy houraugustine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 2, 2013

When you walk into the lobby you can imagine yourself in the courtyard of one of the Spanish colonia houses - the tile and the fountains along with the furniture. The hotel fits into the historic environment without flaw but has luxurious bath tubs and showers and great beds. The staff is great and make you feel special.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

I am so glad you found the ambiance of old Spain. Obviously, that was our intent and when we have a guest who sincerely appreciates it, it makes our day. I will pass your compliments on to my entire staff. I always post our guest responses so they know that they are very important in the success pf our goals and that guests appreciate their efforts. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

On the water in downtown St. Augustine, Florida. Our room was in a corner with a view of their driveway. Be sure to ask for a room with a view and a balcony if one is available. My Hilton Honors status didn't guarantee a room with a view.

1  Thank Stacy B
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time ot write a review on our hotel. It is our goal to always provide a unique experience for guests to remember their visit to us and our city. I am sorry we only made an average impression on you during your stay. I hope you will return and give us an opportunity to make your stay a memorable one. Also, please feel free to call the hotel regarding room assignment and room types. Because this hotel is a very high demand property, there often times are not upgrades available. If there are, they are often spoken for many months in advance. Again, I apologize for not providing a better than average stay.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I checked in the day before our wedding and were greeted with friendly, speedy valet parking attendants. They helped us with all our luggage and wedding necessities to our room (took a couple of trips to say the least!) Check in was easy, the staff answered all of our questions, and congratulated us ahead of time. Our room was SPOTLESS and STUNNING! We had a king "honeymoon" suite with a whirlpool tub, separate shower, iHOME hook-up, etc. We also had a private door that led to the pool area, and a gorgeous view of the bay front. I hung my wedding gown from the window and was complimented SEVERAL times from staff, guests, and tourists. The next day (our wedding day) we were to be married in the Plaza De La Constitution' which was with in walking distance of the hotel. Unfortunately, about 15 minutes before the ceremony was to begin the city of Saint Augustine intervened and told my husband that they had to clean up and move the ceremony immediately. This would have been a disaster-However, after a phone call to my mother (who was helping me in the room) and talking to the hotel manager, 15 minutes later we were married in the hotel courtyard!! The staff helped us set up, were gracious and understanding, and SAVED our wedding day! As I walked through the hotel to the location, various staff stopped to tell me how beautiful I was, calmed me down, and congratulated me!! I was able to thank everyone that helped us right then and there. The hotel did not have to help at all, but went the extra mile to accommodate us. I have NEVER experienced such hospitality, professionalism, or grace from any hotel. We cannot thank the hotel enough for all they did for us. Room service was delicious, and reasonably priced (guests note this is an upscale hotel, prices run higher for services.) Cleaning and turn down service was friendly and great! The only draw back I can see with our stay is the $21.00 a day Valet fee. I would agree with other reviewers that it is "hidden", and definitely not optional. My husband moved our vehicle down to the underground parking and was confronted for doing so. As I said, this aspect of the stay seemed to be put into hard to find fine print, and we found out about the charge a few days into our stay. We will definitely come back!! (A little more informed about parking.) WONDERFUL stay!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

The best thing about this review is that my staff stepped up and helped save your wedding experience. I will see thet are all commended highly for this. It is very gratifying to know we have made the grade with our guest, even more so when it makes a memorable special occasion. I hope you will return for anniversary celebrations and give us the oportunity to continue the great expreience memories. Thank you for iving us the honor of having you as our guest.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The Hilton in St. Augustine is a very funky, cool hotel in the Old Town. The rooms are nicely appointed and the staff is especially helpful and friendly. Even the room service prices are not outrageous.

The only problem is the hidden madatory valet parking charge of $21 per day. If you book a room on the website, a $149 rate pops up. Click on the details and scroll all the way to the bottom and under "optional services" you will learn that valet parking is $21. There is nothing optional about it. You are not allowed to park your own car, and nobody arrives at this hotel by taxi. The valet charge is also noted in the fine print on the second page of your confirmation email.

I am a big fan of the Hilton chain, but Hilton should be ashamed of this trick. Really tacky.

Room Tip: Highway A!A is between the hotel and the river. If you get a river front room with a balcony, there will be a lot of noise if you sit on the balcony. Surprisingly, though, not much noise got into the room at night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

I am sorry you feel you were duped on the valet parking. I have checked and the parking is on the site in three differenrt locations. There are public parking lots, a public parking garage and private pay lots all within a 100' to 2 block distance from our hotel. Parking in the historic district is very limited and we have provided the option of parking under our hotel as a convenient option to our guests. Many feel this is an advantage. If you return, feel free to call me personally and I will give you directions and explanations for all the parking options. We do appreciate you as our customer and certainly don't knowingly misrepresent any charges. I apologize you feel this was done.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Location of this Hilton is awesome, well worth the extra 100-150 per night compared to other places. Everything is 3-4 minutes walking distance. Otherwise, the room and bathroom is what's expected from 3 start hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your visit and great location. I hope on your return, we further impress you enough to be rated above the level you found on this visit. Thank you for your very frank and honest rating.