“Don't be fooled. The room rate is $170 not $149.”

Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront
Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The Hilton in St. Augustine is a very funky, cool hotel in the Old Town. The rooms are nicely appointed and the staff is especially helpful and friendly. Even the room service prices are not outrageous.

The only problem is the hidden madatory valet parking charge of $21 per day. If you book a room on the website, a $149 rate pops up. Click on the details and scroll all the way to the bottom and under "optional services" you will learn that valet parking is $21. There is nothing optional about it. You are not allowed to park your own car, and nobody arrives at this hotel by taxi. The valet charge is also noted in the fine print on the second page of your confirmation email.

I am a big fan of the Hilton chain, but Hilton should be ashamed of this trick. Really tacky.

Room Tip: Highway A!A is between the hotel and the river. If you get a river front room with a balcony, there...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

I am sorry you feel you were duped on the valet parking. I have checked and the parking is on the site in three differenrt locations. There are public parking lots, a public parking garage and private pay lots all within a 100' to 2 block distance from our hotel. Parking in the historic district is very limited and we have provided the option of parking under our hotel as a convenient option to our guests. Many feel this is an advantage. If you return, feel free to call me personally and I will give you directions and explanations for all the parking options. We do appreciate you as our customer and certainly don't knowingly misrepresent any charges. I apologize you feel this was done.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Location of this Hilton is awesome, well worth the extra 100-150 per night compared to other places. Everything is 3-4 minutes walking distance. Otherwise, the room and bathroom is what's expected from 3 start hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your visit and great location. I hope on your return, we further impress you enough to be rated above the level you found on this visit. Thank you for your very frank and honest rating.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

The location is perfect for touring historic St. Augustine. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only complaint was that the floor of the room was filthy. My white socks were black within minutes. I think I would stay again - just bring slippers!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the very nice review.
also, thank you for the comment on the floor. I have had my room inspectors go into each room with white socks to see where we have missed in our carpet cleaning program. I assure you that on your return, you will not need slippers.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Love the hotel. Location is great. Employees are very helpful and willing to accommodate if possible. Rooms are comfortable and very clean. Small side balcony on the room we upgraded to was small and disappointing. Would have liked a full front water view balcony when we upgraded but found that not to be the case. For 1 night, it was manageable with the roll away bed we needed. The balcony room was not worth the price for the upgrade but that did not deter from our trip. Nice hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gwade29
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

I apologize we were unable to accomodate your upgrade this trip. Upgrades are determined on what rooms are available and how many are requested. We make every effot to give the best available room we can. I was pleased to note that our employyees met the mark again. Please return ssoon and hopefully we can provide an upgrade more to your liking.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

St Augustine is my favorite city, and it's tough to find a hotel that meets my standards and expectations of a proper St Augustine experience. The Hilton Bayfront exceeded these and went above and beyond to offer comfort, peace and quiet, while still giving an authentic experience of Historic downtown. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sally B

WOW!!!! There is nothing better that a top rating from a connoisseur's high standards. We definitely appreciate the fine rating and compliments. I will pass alond your praise to the entire team here at the hotel. It is always appreciated.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Expected a very nice hotel at a group rate of $200/night. Instead got a small room with an amazingly loud a/c and a dresser drawer at knee level that wouldn't stay shut. The lobby is very small and long in the tooth, and you MUST valet your car, to the tune of $21/night. The location is good, but this hotel is waaay over-priced.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank TByrd07
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

I am sorry you were disappointed in our hotel. We have built and decorated the hotel to represent the second Spanish Era of St. Augustine and specifically try for the "old" look. As far as pricing, we are in the heart of the historic district where both denmand and parking are at a premium and we do price accordingly. If on a future visit, you are looking for a more moderate hotel. feel free to call me personally. Our company has several hotels outside the historic district that I am sure would werve your purpose. Agin, I apologize that we have disappointed you.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Is a great location but the price y the is exactly as biggest downtown Chicago, chain relataions o f florida etc. inclusive you don't haven,t thre breaksfast include for 400 grants in a small suites thas incredible

1  Thank Guillermo G

I apologize but I have not been able to get a grasp on your concerns with your stay. Obviously, your rating indicates some concern and if you could contact me directly, perhaps I can offer a solution. Thank you for staying with us.