“Road trip”

Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Road trip”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Great property. Stayed in several hotels in the area in the last 20 years but this one is by far the best. No need to use your car but you will need to pay valet of 20 a day. Everything in walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank mrneeves
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you very much for such a strong, positive review. As someone who has been here many times, you know the area much better than most. Your experience certainly helps to bolster your fine review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write and we will look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently spent two nights at this hotel and enjoyed how close it was to the city. We wanted to be able to get out and explore without the car and this location met those needs. A bonus was the view of the bay which is beautiful at sunrise.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patio317
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Our sunrises are a spectacular extra and I am happy to know you had the chance to enjoy them. You may noe believe it, but some people sleep through them. I am pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back and see us soon.
Portland, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel is overall poor to average at best. It is a terrible value. pay the extra 30-40 bucks and stay at a better place down the road. I have to say i loved the city. The rooms are small, with out dated furniture. again value is the key. This is not a 4 star hotel.. more like a 3 star.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am sorry you found our hotel not to your liking. I realize that service levels are a matter of personal taste but please understand that our furniture and bedding has all been installed new. It was designed to represent the Second Spanish Era of the history of St. Augustine. Basically, we are trying to offer an ambiance of old Spain. Obviously, we failed in your case. I welcome you back at any time, perhaps another room with a differnt location or view would give you an differerent experience.
The Villages, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Would stay again, great central location to all shopping, attractions and restaurants. Room was comfortable. There was renovation going on, but it didn't affect anything. Flavored water was offered in the lobby which was a nice touch. Valet for parking was also very good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Its always great to have guests from the Villages. One of the problems with a high occupancy property is construction can be an issue. I am glad to know you were able to overlook it and enjoy your visit. I certainly hope you will return soon, I assure you we have no further projects on the books. Thanks again for your great review.
Panama City Beach, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Extremely friendly, courteous and helpful staff. Room condition was excellent. Great location. Beautiful inviting lobby with a historic feel. Comfortable bed. Large, fluffy bath towels. Nice pool and hot tub. Walking distance to all historic venues and great restaurants and bars.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you fo such a kind and complimentary review. We are pleased to know our hotel and our city gave you a unique experience to remember. I will certainly give my staff a high five for you and we will look forward to having back soon.
New York
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Location was ideal but not what I would call a 4star property and below standards of what I expect of a full service Hilton. I would classify it more as a Hilton Garden Inn or Doubletree. very thin walls, tiny bathroom with no ventilation. expensive parking. service was good so no complaints about staff though seeing cups in the hallway of almost full drinks sitting on the windowsill in the hallway next morning was a bit of an ick factor. I recommend places to stay as part of my job and depending on the clients expectation not sure of this one. It certainly wasn't worth wasting 50000 Hilton points on and would have been worse if I had paid the going price of almost 300 before tax that night. Granted keep in mind I am used to luxury so I expect a lot from a hotel when they advertise as a 4star, 4 diamond. If you want an average hotel with a great location and don't mind spending the money then this is your hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
I am sorry you found our hotel not up to your standards. While I realize that we all have different expectations when staying in a hotel. We strive to provide better than 4 star service and if we fail to meet your expectations we make every effort to correct the situation. I hope you will take the time to contact me so we can address your issues. I certainly apologize for our failures and look forward to an opportunity to speak with you about them.
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed October 9, 2013

From arriving ,to check in, to housekeeping the staff is welcoming and friendly. The executive housekeeper was a joy to meet. She takes great pride in her work and seeing each guest is treated properly by her staff.The valet that helped with our car and luggage was a jewel.Works the afternoon shift. Very helpful and willing to do anything to make sure a guest needs were met.Offered great recommendations for restaurants and sites.Be aware that this is a older property. Rooms are small but well appointed with historic touches and clean.Our room was on the first floor. Had a nice sitting area on the outside attached patio. Room is quiet.Security is reasonable, but the door to our hall way was accessed by our card key and the door generally coud be opened without using the card key. An issue for us was the a/c vent in the ceiling blew down on the bed.Had to change with our daughter. The breeze did not bother her.Also the last night of our stay the speaker on the phone kept coming on, had to unplug it after it happened twice. Minor annoyance and reported it to staff so it could be corrected.The bathroom for the room was larger than expected. Above average accessories included for your use and enjoyment.(again shows concern of the executive housekeeper for the quests comfort.) Valet parking is expensive, but once parked one can walk every where from the Hilton.Be aware rooms are pricey, but I would consider it a value due to proximity to the local sites. Again you will be treated well at this property. We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Is o.k. but pricey. Slightly upscale over what one would be offered at a Hampton Inn.Other places nearby are less costly and just as good or better. But again paying for convenience and staffing. The omelet station was a treat.The gentleman was a pleasure to speak with and was very helpful in helping me create my omelet.If staying in St. Augustine I would recommend this location. Just be aware it is not perfect , but is better than most.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was 118.