“Hilton-St. Augustine. FL”

Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront
Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The air conditioner in the room was loud when it would come on. We were surprised that there wasn't a microwave in the room. The view from the balcony wasn't as nice as we expected with the busy street between us and the waterfront. It was not exactly as represented in pictures online.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

I am sorry our hotel didn't live up to your expectations. Our location in the heart of the historic district, is limited by the original design of the city street pattern. As you may have noted, there are no buildings directly on the bay front. We certainly try to provide an accurate discription for our guests. My apologies for not doing so in your visitors expectaions.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed over labor day weekend and it was the last hotel that we could find. The hotel has a great location. Staff was friendly. There was a bit of construction going on that took away from its appearance but overall its a very nice hotel. My only warning to guests is you can only valet your car. And honestly it never sat well with me that someone has my keys and drives my car. Under my better judgement I told that driver to be extra careful with my LEXUS. When we received our car back it was either vandalized or carelessly parked. Both doors on the passenger side are damaged one appears to be a key mark and the other door has damage going down to the metal. We showed them the damage and they promised that they would have it fixed and its been over a month and nothing. Arguing about repainting both doors when it was recommended by the dealer to assure a color match. A difference of 250 dollars. After numerous emails, phone calls and requests they still have taken no action to repair my vehicle. I might also add that i was electrocuted by the pool and made no real stink about it but my CAR that was just not cool especially after asking them to be careful with it. Seems to me one of the staff took it personal and damaged my car intentionally. Nice hotel but if your going to park a 40k dollar car and spend 700.00 on hotel fees you might want to find a safer place. It appears they have no intention of fixing my car at all so you will be left with a bill too. VALET NOT A GOOD IDEA. The garage is so tight that there's no way you should leave your car in the hands of teenagers parking your property. This is the reason why.

Room Tip: Casa Monica was same price not as good location but my car was returned unharmed. And the hotel was...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Marcus M

I am sorry you were dissatisfied with our handling of your car problem. We make every effort to fairly deal with claims for damage. In some instances there is a failure to reach agreement and we make a business decision and offer a settlement. I have lived up to the agreement we most recently discussed. I am sorry you are not entirely happy with this arrangement.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We travel to St. Augustine about 3 times a year and this is always our 'go-to' place. The location can't be beat. It's in the heart of the historic district but right on the bayfront with views of the intracoastal waterway. It's decorated consistent with the Spanish theme of St. Augustine which is a lovey break from the ordinary hotels. We've also stayed at the Casa Monica, but find the Hilton to be just as nice and normally more affordable. You're minutes walk to the Old Fort, Flagler College, and you're literally steps away from all the shops and restaurants along St. George street. They do have a lovely sitting area with a working fireplace which is a lovely touch. They serve a great buffet breakfast, but the dining room is quite small and sometimes there's a wait. The bar is also very small with only one bar and a few chairs. The Itsy Bitsy Martini Bar is next door with has a big front porch and outdoor seating overlooking the water.

It's a far drive from the outlet mall and from the beach, so is probably not ideal for folks looking to be closer to those venues.

Room Tip: We've stayed in many rooms and they're all great. Rooms on the bayfront side have spectacula...
1  Thank learnlovelivetravel

When a repeat guest who stays with us often writes a review as glowing as yours, there is nothing I can add. I can only say thank you for being a great guest. We certainly will strive to maintain our service levels to keep you as pleased in the future as you have been in the past. Its aleays great to hear from a truly satisfied guest.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We generally choose Hiltons because they are constantly good. This one did not disappoint. The hotel was very clean, they offered morning coffee and fruit. Breakfast was extra. Also had a laundry facility, and after 6 days camping we needed a clean room, soft bed and laundry. They have valet parking, which when you see the prices to park downtown, it is well worth it. The hotel is close to some wonderful restaurants and bars. We spent only one day there, but would be a great place for a longer stay. Breakfast could be purchased in their restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

I am glad you enjoyed your break in routine and that we lived up to your expectations of Hilton. I hope you will return in the near future and experience all our historic city has to offer. Thank you for your great comments.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

After leaving another Hilton in St Augustine due to it not being acceptable I was weary of coming here... however that was all blown away after we checked in. They only offer valet parking which is the only dow side. But once the car was parked we had no need to get it back!! Beautiful room, comfortable bed, just what you want when you are away. The location is what seals the deal. We were able to walk all over St. George Street as it's behind, restaurants, Castillo San Marco across the street, Ripleys, Fountain of Youth.... all over. Coziness of the room definitely made long days walking relaxed. Staff snd management were also very professional, personable, and helpful. Definitely worth spending a little more to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank flnube

I am pleased to know we were able to restore your faith in the Hilton brand. We certainly try to make staying with us as memorable as the rest of your visit to the oldest city. We will cwelebrate our 450th anniversary of the founding of our city in 2014. Please return and help us celebrate.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was my second stay at this location. The staff are so helpful. Breakfast is awesome. Bay views are spectacular. Downtown within walking distance to everything you want to see. My wife and I have found our own little four day hideaway. The staff told my wife and I to come back during the holidays for the lights. I can't wait. Love you Hilton see you soon.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We know we are doing it right when we get return guests who give us your type of review. I am sure you will find the Night of Lights a whole new St. Augustine Experience. We look forward to seeing you for the holidays.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

First I have to say that St. Augustine blew me away with its history, architecture and charm. Bars and restaurants were amazing and the the city rolled out the red carpet for the GOTR stopover. Prices were very reasonable for food and drinks.

The bayfront Hilton is such a cool hotel because of the goergous location and amazing views. We lucked out and got the only room with a private access door to the pool and hottub area (room 141). Centrally located, you can walk anywhere downtown but biking is the way to see the city.

Lowlights- constantly cooking to order in the lobby; very cramped bar which you have to walk through to reach that side of the hotel.

I would defintely stay there again though!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Mastjmw

St. Augustine was certainly introduced to a large audience throughout the world with the Gentleman on the Road concert tour. It's good to know that we lived up to your expectations and that your experience in our city was a good one. We hope you will come back and visit again, Our city has a lot to offer beyond the music experience. We look forward to having you return.