“Very good” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
everywhere
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Very good hotel and in a great location. The reception staff weren't the friendliest in the world, but very efficient. Fantastic breakfast!! Our room had a corner bath but it was in the bedroom rather than the bathroom which was a bit weird, we didn't actually get time to use it as we were out and about and only were there for one night, lovely addition, just unexpected location! The room was beautiful room with all the mod cons, very comfortable bed. Our room overlooked the pool and was on the ground level so no road noise for us. Really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for your kind review, I am sorry that our reception staff was not up to our normal enthusiastic welcome and will certainly discuss this with them. I do hope you will return and at that time I assure you, we will welcome you with warmth and enthusiasm .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Great location right on the bay. Walking distance to everything.

Friendly staff helped us find a breakfast diner for our much needed bloody Marys at 10am. Thanks guys.

Fresh made to order omelets right in thr lobby entice your taste buds too.

Great place to relax and not worry about anything.

1 Thank Francos_Family
Its good to know we deliver up to the standards of the Hilton name. Its also good to know you experienced some of the special amenities our city and location have to offer. Thank you for your great review and for staying with us. Please come back soon.
Windermere, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I have had the fortune of staying at this unique property 3 times in the last year. Most recently, this hotel played host to a significant portion of our wedding party when we were wed down the street at the White Room. There are not enough accolades I can give this property as it offers a unique lodging experience (very cozy for a Hilton property), excellent location, and an always friendly staff. For a few dollars more, I highly recommend staying at this property over the other offerings in the historic district.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
We can't ask for a better review for our hotel. Thank you so much for your kind review, we hope you will return again soon.
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a quick getaway before school started again. We arrived around noon on Thursday August 9th. The staff at the front desk was great, they called right around 3:00 (standard check in time) to let us know our room was ready. The room was clean and the bathroom was spotless. The beds were very comfortable. We had a room overlooking the bay, and yes, the road. The view was pretty, I see that some folks complained of the noise but honestly late at night there wasn't a lot of traffic and we all slept just fine. Now for the couple of things that didn't go right......it was pouring rain when we pulled up to the hotel and there is not an overhang. I got out of the passenger side and stepped up to the valet who asked if he could help at the same time my husband and son were trying to get the luggage out of the trunk in the rain. I said yes you can help my husband get the luggage out of the trunk. He didn't move. My husband got it and got soaking wet and then they guy asks if he can help with anything else, like standing there, waiting for me to tip him. Really?! When we got our car out of the valet the next day there was a mysterious spill of something (soda maybe?) down the side of the driver side window and door. We asked where did the park the car? The new valet said it is parked in private parking under the hotel. He was very nice and went in to get something to clean it off with. It was fine. The only other thing was that at some point the a/c in the 2nd floor hall way stopped working and we wondered if it affected the a/c in our room that night. When we checked in the room was nice and cool but I had to get up in the middle of the night to turn it down lower to keep the room cool. But I would say overall the hotel was nice, the location is great, service was good, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am glad to know your visit with us was a good one. I do apologize for the valet service problem and assure you I am checking on them daily to see we provide the same level of service as the rest of my staff. I hope you will please return soon so we can give you the complete experience my staff is capable of providing.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This property is in the ideal location. You can walk anywhere you would like to enjoy downtown St Augustine. The decor is lovely. The breakfast was well appointed. The service is great. Just a few negatives. The bed was very uncomfortable and we could easily feel the mattress springs. We reported this after our stay and the response we received was that the beds were current. That is absolutely not the case. As others have mentioned, the valet costs are high and sometimes it was hard to find the valet to retrieve our car. The pool is super small. Otherwise, wonderful location.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I apologize that you found the bed uncomfortable. The guest service agent was trying to verbalize the fact that all of our beds are the newest as required by Hilton. I can only assume the room you were in had a damaged frame or something of that nature. I will see we follow up and inspect for damage immediately. I certainly want to make amends so I hope you will contact me and return so we can provide a better experience. I assure you, Hilton requires only the very best in bedding and we make every effort to keep the newest, most up to date bedding in our hotel.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a perfectly located, lovely hotel with a warm charm, right on the bayfront. The staff are wonderful and helpful. The restaurant, Aviles, is superb dining for breakfast, lunch, or dinner- as good or better than any other restaurant in St. Augustine. I would highly recommend this hotel whether you are traveling for business, as a couple, with your family, or solo. We had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the great review on both the hotel and Aviles. I will see your compliments are posted for my entire staff to see and appreciate. It is very gratifying to receive the kind of compliments you have passed on and I want you to know how much they are really appreciated. Please return to see us soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We stay at this Hotel at least every other Mo. They are great. Anthony at the front desk is very helpful And Darla in the Bar is awesome. We book the Thanksgiving and New Years a year in advance. Love it.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
The very best recommendation we could ever ask for is a guest who returns many times and gives us glowing reports. I appreciate your great review and especially the compliments to my staff. You hold a special place in our hearts as a regular repeat guest. We look forward to many years of a great relationship.