“Excellent Location”

Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront
Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Can't get better than this when looking for convenience.Right in the heart of the bay front within walking distance of so many restaurants and attractions.Valet parking of $20 per day is high,rooms are comfortable but thats to be expected of the Hilton brand,what was disappointing was that there was no Red Snapper available even though it was on the menu in their restaurant the night we wanted to eat there so we went elsewhere and got the lamb shank on the way back.That was very good.Besides that all in all a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Like kilroy76, I too don't write bad reviews, but I too, made an exception. It is very conveniently located within walking distance to dining, shopping, sightseeing. Great that wifi is finally free to Hilton Hotels. But patrons should be warned about the $21/day valet. On check-out the young driver damaged our new Toyota minivan in excess of $7,000. To our utter dismay, the Hilton Hotel manager and parent company have yet to formally apologize. Several attempts to contact the general manager have been fruitless, and customer service at corporate level have been less than satisfactory. In addition we still had to pay for our 2 night stay! We won't be staying here again, despite convenient location.

4  Thank 117Julie
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

I am sorry you were displeased with the parking problem you encountered. Parking charges are prominently displayed on our website and the guest is informed in person at checkin again. As you know, if there is a serious claim, we investigate including having the police investigate and turn the information over to the insurance carrier who determines our liability. Based on their assessment, settlement is completed. Management does not negotiate these issues. I am sorry you felt there wasn't communication on this issue but we try in all cases to inform the guest and see that a manager discusses the situation with the guest. I assure you that we usually have no complaints regarding insurance settlements. I would suggest you have your insurance company communicate with the hotel insurer on this issue.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Overall, this hotel is a high quality place to stay. The location is excellent and the décor is low keyed and classy. However, we found the bell service indifferent and the concierge service was poor. In fact, we had to ask the bell service to help with the luggage as we were being shown to our room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I certainly apologize for the problem you encountered with my valet and bell staff. I assure you, I don't take such complaints lightly and will have a training session with them using your comments as one of the main subjects for disussion. Please return to see us at your earliest convenience and contact us so we can apologize personally and make evwery effort to make up for this experience. We look forward to that opportuntiy.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here for one night with my children. It was very convenient to where we wanted to do things within walking distance. It was a little noisy at night from the street noise, but not too bad. One child was in a wheelchair and we found most things were accessible despite the wheelchair. The one problem with that was that the back wheelchair elevator was difficult and confusing to operate and no one seemed around to help with it when we needed to use it. Our room was spacious and clean, easily able to accommodate a wheelchair. The staff was courteous, although not seen as often as I would have liked to have asked for help. It was a very pretty place. We highly recommend this hotel to couples and families.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

I an so sorry you had a problem with the elevator lift. Managers on duty are aware of the proper usage and I will see that we step up our staff training tobe alert to accessible issues that need to be addressed immediately. It is good to know that you enjoyed your overall visit and I hope you will return soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I figure there are plenty of people to do that. But this place makes me alter my regular practice.

They have my car held hostage in mandatory valet at 21 bucks/day plus tips. The room is really no better than your average Ramada. They want 15 bucks for a pot of coffee. And it's 11:45 at night and there's extremely loud heavy machinery literally ten feet from the window of my room. I'd think this would be the quiet, back side of the hotel, away from Castillo Drive. I tried calling the front desk to... I don't know complain, or at least get an explanation, or something, but no answer

The place gets two stars for a clean room, a good location, and free wi-fi. It's a good thing I love this town and that St. Augustine has a lot to offer within walking distance, because I can't sleep and I don't want to pay to get my car out of impound. Otherwise I wouldn't have been generous with that second star.

Tomorrow is going to be a long work day. Thanks Hilton.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank kilroy76

First I apologize for the noise issue. It was a city government project that should certainly have been scheduled at a slower tim of the year when we could be notified and place guests in the hotel away form the work. I hope you brought this to the attention of the hotel staff as we made it a point to compensate guests that were disturbed. We try very hard to see that guests are aware of the necessity of valet parking as well as options available to them, I hope you will return in the future and as I assure you your experience was not the norm.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

You will not need to move your car to have a great time. Easy walk to restaurants / shops,convenient to tours, and attractions. The rooms were small and clean, beds were standard good-quality Hilton.

However...The lobby area is just weird, They do food prep and service for a very limited menu dinner and set up a breakfast bar just inside the hotel entrance. The area is tiny and at certain times of the day you have to wind your way past the chef's prep area to check in or get through to the elevator. There is a cramped bar area and a small but comfortable looking dining area. It feels like they are certainly wringing every opportunity from the limited but expensive real estate. There were so many great dining opportunities just a brief stroll away that we never ate at the hotel. Breakfast buffet $17 per person. We had a great breakfast at the Bunnery for less than half the price and without the claustophobia.
I would stay again, because of the location, and use the back door as much as possible!
The staff was rushing around but they were pleasant when asked a question.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 great nights in this lovely hotel the last weekend in July, 2013. The location was perfect and the setting and staff were first rate. This is the smallest Hilton in the Americas and the way it was built to fit in with it's Old Town setting was just perfect. We had a Bay view room (we were in the perfect room - room 201) and loved spending time on our private balcony overlooking the boats and the bay and watching the passing action on Avenida Menendez. We had the Bed and Breakfast package and enjoyed the restaurant's breakfast buffet every morning. A great stay and we will come again!

Room Tip: Although more expensive, the bay view rooms are great - even better if you can get a second floor ro...