“A weekend getaway”

Peace and Plenty Inn
Ranked #14 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Peace and Plenty Inn for 4th of July. We booked the Zen Suite in the carriage house for two nights. The inn was lovely. The inn keeper was helpful but not as warm as others I've encountered.

The room was clean and appropriate for our needs. It was small but we didn't need much space. The only drawback to this particular room was the Japanese style wall that separates the bath from the bedroom. It's literally paper thin, so you're going to hear your significant others bodily noises quite clearly as they use the facilities. I don't really care all that much, but we try to keep a little mystery in the relationship. The room did have its own air conditioning unit which we were thrilled about. It also had an electric fire place in the bathroom for ambiance. The jacuzzi tub was also nice. The shower was for 2, but I expect two shower heads when promoted as such.

In the evening, the inn keeper puts out cakes and treats with sherry and port. She always offers complimentary beer, wine, sodas, and bottled water. I couldn't partake in the alcohol as I'm getting over a stomach bug, but it's a very nice touch. The bottled water is great to pick up before your walks around town.

The breakfasts offered to us were quiche with fruit and a warm apple croissant on the first day. The second day we were offered a crepe with a cream cheese filling and blueberry topping with fruit and sausages. They also have a coffee cake out each morning with of course coffee and a selection of juices and teas. There's also cereal for the less adventurous eaters. My husband is a picky eater and found it difficult to eat much at breakfast. I found the foods pretty good.

The negatives I have was the cable was out in the room. We weren't really in the room all that much, so not a big deal. Also we had a child's robe for one of th bath robes, I found this weird since children aren't allowed at the inn. My husband found the bed a little uncomfortable. It was very springy. We would have preferred a comforter to the blankets on the bed. I also would have loved this inn if the staff were a bit warmer. They weren't rude or mean but I felt as if they didn't want to be there. I've stayed at many B&Bs and typically the owners love to chat. At breakfast no one talked to each other. I thought this was strange, since that's what you usually see. Maybe it's just the culture of Florida. I don't know.

The inn is very convenient to the historic downtown and museums. It's nice to head back after a few hours in the hot sun to cool off. The inn keeper has a lovely dog and cat who occasionally come around to greet the guests.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 23, 2013

What a find. Perfect location to downtown st. Augustine. Glenna, hostess as well as owner. ,I believe, was so helpful. Recommending places to dine and things to see. Will be recommending her Bed and Breakfast to anyone who asks about our trip. Breakfasts were great, quiche, fruit, Belgium waffles, sausages cream filled crepes with blueberries and of course cereal, yogurt, ect. We stayed in the Tranquility room with its private balcony which was perfect for us. We would stay here again and in the same room. Bed was very comfortable. Parking included. complementary fridge in main area with beer,wine,water and soda. Quiet. Clean. Charming. Dennis H

Room Tip: Pick the private Balcony. Tranquility
Reviewed June 23, 2013

wWe discovered this bed and breakfast just searching the internet and reading the reviews. We rented one of the carriage rooms and delighted with what we found. A full kitchen, which we really didn't use much, cozy, comfortable room with snuggly bed. Glenna was the perfect hostess and the breakfasts were amazing. We will absolutely stay there again. Did I mention complimentary wine, beer, cold water, and sodas??

Room Tip: Our room was smaller and cozy which suited us. We did see other rooms in the in that were larger...
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I went with my daughter for only one night on our way to Savannah and we loved the place. Implacable. The location is perfect, walking distance of everything. The house is beautiful, the owner is friendly and helpful, the bed is really comfortable, the room is a little small but perfect for two, the bathroom is great and the breakfast was to die for. Complementary wine and cake in the living room was a plus. We just loved it!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed for a 1 day quick visit to St. Augustine and enjoyed the Peace and Plenty Inn very much. We've stayed at several places in St. Augustine and would place this Inn w/any of the others we've visited. Great location, but far enough away to give us quiet at night. The cake and sherry in the evening was wonderful and the breakfast was great. Reading on the porch in the evening was cool and restful. My only regret was that our day trip could not have been several days, b/c we would have liked very much to decompress here.

Room Tip: We liked the Tranquility Suite b/c it offered a great second floor porch.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

What a fantastic place to stay in St Augustine. We spent two nights here on our arrival in Florida on my birthday in April. As with other reviewers I always check out trip advisor when planning a holiday and this inn had good reviews. We have been now and can say it's rating is a definate 100% for us.
We received a warm welcome from Glenna on our arrival and she showed us around and to our room. The pictures we had seen of the room were good but when we walked through the door it was more like fantastic.
We stayed in Prosperity, beautiful furniture, enormous bed and very comfortable along with a spa bathtub.
Breakfasts were exceptional, not at all like we have in the UK and it made a lovely change. It was nice getting up earlier in the morning grabbing a cup of coffee and sitting the relaxing garden out back, so peaceful and a great way to start the day.
Returning to the Inn in the evening was made extra special with the homemade cakes laid out in the parlour along with complimentary sherry and port. This is a perfect spot to sit, relax and offers the chance to chat to some of the other guests.
Glenna has a wonderful eye for detail and it is clearly shown in the way this Inn is presented, lots of extra touches right down to Hershey chocolates at the door to your room.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here at Peace and Plenty and would definately choose this place if we ever get to St Augustine again.
Thank you to Glenna and her staff for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We use trip advisor a lot when booking accommodation and this particular properly stood out to use due to its phenomenal rating. Having stayed here ourselves now we can back its top rating by 100%.
Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by the owner. We received a full orientation including a cozy area outside we could sit and light a gas heater, drawing room with complimentary beautiful homemade cakes (brownies and carrot cake were delicious) and a variety of sherries. Another lovely touch was a chilled water dispenser full of water from the Fountain Of Youth. The room was tastefully decorated. It was clean and well maintained. My only 2 little criticisms here were that the hairdryer was broken and I found the room quite cool (although my husband didn't) the air was centrally controlled so this could not be changed. Breakfast was lovely and provided a great choice. The majority of the offerings were homemade. Everything about this b&b was charming and well thought out with the customers needs in mind. Thank you all for a great stay. We will be recommending you to our family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2013