“Very Enjoyable Stay”

Peace and Plenty Inn
Ranked #15 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 6, 2011

One block south of King Street so I was in section which I consider to be "Old Town". On this trip to St. Augustine, I wanted to frequent places in that area. Glenna is a very gracious hostess and works extremely hard to meet her guests needs and her housekeeper does the same. Plentiful breakfasts with social hour at 6 pm. Since there was complimentary wine, I made sure that I had a small amount before I went out for lunch and dinner. The fellow guests were very nice and friendly so we got to share info with each other. That is one of the many things I like about staying in B&B's. The garden is a lovely place to sit outdoors although weather was hot and no breeze. Let me also emphasize the incredibly low prices Glenna offers for her suites and rooms. I got the least expensive suite with a bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom with great jetted tub in the Carriage House for only $89 a night on weekdays. Since I am on a tight buget at this point in my life, the cost enabled me to enjoy a 2 night mini-vacation.

Thank you Glenna....Jan in Ormond-by-the-Sea

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed May 28, 2011

The room was great with a private porch overlooking a quiet street.
Good Food
Great prices

Room Tip: # 4 was great
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carole56
Reviewed May 5, 2011

The Inn is a beautiful Victorian house decorated in period style. The common area and the rooms are utterly spotless and comfortable. It is located a few blocks from virtually everything in St. Augustine. Breakfast is good and the the unexpected extra of cake and sherry in the evening was delightful. The owner is friendly and happy to share the impressive history of the house.

Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank pchaney10
Reviewed March 28, 2011

My husband and I chose the Peace and Plenty Inn for our anniversary getaway. This was our first bed and breakfast! This place is on a quiet street but is still in the heart of Saint Augustine. Perfect walking distance. We had a peaceful nights rest and the breakfast was AMAZING! We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mirandagoode
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We checked in around 5 PM, but it really only seemed as if the sheets were changed to prepare for our arrival. There was hair all over the bathroom, on the floor, in the tub, even on the toilet seat! The inside of the shower curtain had quite a bit of mold on it. It made me wonder if any of the surfaces had actually been wiped down between guests. The carpets were dirty. I was really disturbed by it and did not get a good night's sleep because of the lack of cleanliness. I'm not a complainer, and I'm sure that I have come into contact with another person's hair before while traveling, but this was excessive and I'm not sure how it was overlooked.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tooter214
peaceandplentyinn, Owner at Peace and Plenty Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2011

Our stafff's goal is always housekeeping excellence and guests' comfort. We are very disappointed in this reported failure. Thank you for bringing it to our attention so that it will not happen again.

Reviewed March 11, 2011

Glenna was a most gracious host. The room was great. Location even better. The free beverages 24 hours are a nice touch as is the dessert reception each evening!! The breakfast we had was great. Cheesecake crepes with blueberry compote and sausage. It was a great way to start the day!! My partner and I both highly recomend this property!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GAMTNGUY
Reviewed November 15, 2010

A beautiful B&B located right down the street from the Lightner Museum. We walked everywhere. The room was cute and cozy and the breakfasts were out of this world. Glenna is an amazing host and fantastic cook! I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple