“Lovely Little Bed-&-Breakfast”

63 Orange Street Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #26 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Where do I start? If you enjoy bed & breakfasts, you need to give this place a try! We stayed in Hattie's Room, which had a lovely 4-poster king bed that was extremely comfortable. We slept very well both nights. The room is decorated in a Victorian style, with lots of little touches that make it special. One thing we really liked is that this room has a private bathroom with a large jacuzzi tub. Each morning Jackie, the owner, cooks a fantastic breakfast for her guests. These breakfasts were one of the highlights of our trip. Just to give you an idea of what to expect, one morning we had fruit w/ yogurt & granola, orange marmalade croissant french toast, potatoes, bacon, and for dessert was a delicious pastry w/ apples & cream cheese in it. We also had juice and coffee to drink. Needless to say, after a breakfast like that, you won't need much lunch! Another plus is the location. There's lots to do within walking distance, including Ripley's Believe It or Not, the Castillo de San Marcos, and a wide variety of restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 16, 2011

I want to set context as some "5" rating reviews seem too good to be true. I've travelled the world and I'm a tough hotel critic. My take is that 63 Orange Street was one of the most relaxing and comfy B&Bs I've been in. Vicky, the owner, is gracious, ever helpful and takes great pride in keeping to the Victorian time period of the home. Coffe is served right outside your room. Bathrobes provided! The breakfasts (and breakfast treats!) are delicious and made with care. It's quiet but conveniet - a short walk to downtown,the trollies, the fort and waterfront. There's tennis courts right across the street. And a short 10 minute drive to a variety of beaches and restaurants. Our favorites were Conch House and Sunset Grill. Great for romantic get away.

Room Tip: Review the web site - accurate depictions of room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank macs157
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We went to St. Augustine for our 1st year wedding anniversary and this place was just perfect.. location is walking distance to all the shops and attractions in St. Augustine yet the place is slightly away that it was absolutely quiet and peaceful once you are back in to relax. The best part of this place is the BREAKFAST!! Jackie (owner) puts out THREE COURSE BREAKFAST every morning with different menu and it was soooooooooo tasteful that my husband and I couldn't not put down our forks until we finish the plate! It was home cook meal away from home made by a chef..
Thank you Jackie for your hospitality!!! :)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 00FlyaWay00
Reviewed April 18, 2011

My girlfriend & I went here on our first weekend getaway and loved everything about it. The location, the food, the service, the accommodations were all excellent. Our host went out of her way each morning to accommodate our food allergies at breafast!

We enjoyed our stay so much we have been back 4x since our first stay in May 2010 and exertions Jackie helps make our stay better than the last!

One time, it was booked & we stay at another top rated b&b in town but it didnt compare.

We can't wait to go back again

Thanks Jackie!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed April 17, 2011

My husband and I went to St. Augustine earlier this week to celebrate our one year anniversary. 63 Orange Street is in a great location (maybe 1000ft west of Castillo de San Marcos): easy to find, walking distance to everything you'd want to see in the city, yet JUST far enough removed so you get your peace and quiet at night. Jackie met us at the door when we arrived and we felt like we were coming home. She made her famous three-course breakfasts every day - fresh fruit, a freshly homemade entree, and a "breakfast dessert." Entrees included breakfast burritos (ham, scrambled eggs, black beans, cheese, and green peppers inside a tortilla, with a selection of fresh condiments), homemade quiche, and eggs benedict. The breakfast desserts included an apple crisp, and strawberry banana smoothies. When we booked the trip I had notified Jackie that my husband cannot have any dairy products due to an allergy, and she was happy to work around this issue (sometimes difficult with breakfast foods). Jackie's food was delicious and filling - one day we even skipped lunch entirely because we were still full from breakfast! (On this day we had popsicles for "lunch" at The Hyppo, which I highly recommend if you're in St. Augustine.)

Jackie is present in the house but not at all overbearing. We really enjoyed talking with her over breakfast about what we had done the previous day, and what else we planned to do in the city. She provided some excellent suggestions, like seeing the Pena-Peck House. Since I did most of my planning on Trip Advisor, I would not have gone to see this wonderful historic house if Jackie had not mentioned it, as the house wasn't yet listed here. (Go there! It's just as nice as the Oldest House Museum, but Pena-Peck is a free, often private tour that just accepts donations).

We stayed in Hattie's Room at the B&B - I wanted the jacuzzi. =D The room was spotlessly clean, and tastefully decorated with many things that Jackie has collected from antique shops in the South. Additionally, Jackie has a housekeeper, Kelly, who was also interested in hearing about our plans for the day. We stayed three nights at the B&B, and after hearing about our experience they too want to go parasailing! haha

Overall, a great choice for a B&B. Comfortable bed, clean room, delicious breakfast, very convenient, free wi-fi, free parking, and accommodating to any special dietary requests!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Was very impressed with my stay here. It was our first stay ever at a B and B. We quite enjoyed it. The room was nice and clean. Bed was comfortable. The house was beautiful, and didn't hear a peep from the other guests(even the pet birds). Jackie was great. Breakfast was good also. But the best part was the house was close to everything. Didn't need to drive. Only bad thing to say was the bathroom was down the hall from the room, it wasn't shared. But being use to hotels, it took getting use too.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Believe it or not, we were actually given a referral to this B&B by another B&B owner! My boyfriend and I decided to take a last minute over-night trip to St. Augustine, FL. The innkeeper, Ms. Jackie, was so nice and accommodating to our particular situation. The service was amazing! We stayed in Hattie's Room (beautifully decorated - Authentic Victorian), which had a super comfortable king sized bed and a nice sized private bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub (Amazing - totally fits 2 people comfortably). Breakfast was healthy and delicious! And of course, the atmosphere was very friendly, created by both guests and staff. I was concerned about the walking distance to the attractions downtown, but it wasn't bad at all. You can definitely walk to whatever destination you choose straight from the B&B, which will save you on expensive parking fees. We have already started planning a return visit to 63 Orange Street for sometime in November. I highly recommend this B&B to travelers. Thanks for your hospitality Jackie! We'll see you soon! Alona & Naveen

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple