“Great Flavors, Service and Relaxed Atmosphere”

Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille
Ranked #25 of 596 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille is known for Good Food and Good Times and All the Flavor of New Orleans. You will experience a "Taste of New Orleans" from the time you walk in the door until the time you leave. Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille has the finest authentic New Orleans-style seafood, grilled steaks, chicken, pasta and more.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

While visiting dear friends in Florida, they brought us to Harry's for a relaxed lunch. Delicious flavors from New Orleans, great service from Alex ( college student saving up to go to World Cup in Brazil) and there was abundance in a quietly "tucked away" garden terrace, surrounded by nature, And then, the food! The Mussels in the sun-dried tomato sauce with peppers was exquisite, as was the bread, to soak up every ounce of the creamy, spicy sauce. My blackened shrimp salad with fresh cranberries and feta was a meal in itself, with wonderful textures, offering a new flavor in each bite. We were four; ordered two appetizers to share, four lunches, two bottles of their New Harbour Sauvignon Blanc(New Zealand); came out to $135.00 or 33.75 per person... GREAT!

1  Thank JMercedReyes
There are newer reviews for Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I were walking to another restaurant when we passed Harry's and it caught our eye! We elected to sit outside because it was such an amazing atmosphere. The service was pretty slow, maybe because it was busy. Took 15 minutes to get my beer! I had the Mahi Mahi which was good, not great. I thought it was a bit pricey but understandable for the location I guess. I've eaten at Harry's in central Florida and it was $5 cheaper on almost every item. Overall, it was a nice dinner, slow (but we weren't in a hurry, and a little expensive for the food.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This restaurant was OVER priced and on top of that wasn't good at all. The fish made some of our party sick and left our wallets empty. If you are looking for something different please don't put this on your list to try. We enjoyed the town and will be back but differently not to this restaurant .

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Convenient location, Good food, good service, but beware of their pre-mixed "house" drinks. I ordered Harry's "Hurricane" and received something pink, grossly sweet and with very little (if any) rum. I had the bartender make me a drink to order. On the other hand, enjoy the food. My crawfish etouffee was as good as you'll find in New Orleans, and my wife raved about her crab cakes. Our waiter was very understanding when I rejected my drink. In fact, he suggested ordering a custom mix from the bar. Overall, a good restaurant.

1  Thank franco98
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Here I am in St Augustine on my honeymoon enjoying the town. My friend said Harry's had the best seafood in town, my first night there we enter Harry's. The atmosphere was excellent, with a singer, tiki lamps and an outside ambience any restaurant would love. We were seated upstairs due to the heat. We were seated upstairs next to a door that opened to the balcony. Everytime the door opened we felt the heat in our faces and it became bothersome for the door to continuously hit the back of my chair. Fifteen minutes later we were served water. When our waitress came she apologized and had a long winded story about another waiter being to busy to attend to us, very unprofessional. I order the VooDoo shrimp which was tastless, I was only able to eat three of the 10 shrimp and I had the smash potatoes. Let me tell you about the potatoes, they were smashed in a bowl with seasoning while the middle of the potato was left whole and tasteless. When I brought it to the waitress attention and told her the potato was hard in the middle. She smiled and said " Oh I've seen it like that before". I told her the middle is still raw and she brushed off my comment and walked away. She later returned and stated how Harry's has a new cook and he's making the potatoes like that with the middle not smashed and its a new thing. I told her again I wasn't happy with my raw potato and this dits did not want to acknowledge that damn raw potato nor did she comp it. This waitress never asked if i enjoyed my food, i felt as if she didnt want to attend us and was just rushing. Would I recommend Harry's......hell no not even to my worst enemy.

lisashuff, Owner at Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

I am extremely sorry to hear about your experience at Harry's of St. Augustine. Your evening at Harry's does not reflect the food, culture, or service that Harry's strives to give our guests. We definitely appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback as we can only learn and grow from it. I have made our General Manager, Kitchen Manager, and Vice President aware of your review. I would like to encourage you to contact our Vice President Jesse Jabot to elaborate more on your experience as I know he would want to hear more about it. His e-mail is jessejabot@hookedonharrys.com, if you would like his direct phone number I would be happy to provide that as well.

Again I am very sorry for the experience you had at Harry's.