“Wedding on 02/15/14”

The Reef Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Reef Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 601 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Eat and drink like a local! Come enjoy St. Augustine's most spectacular Happy Hour. Discounted drinks and appetizers right on the ocean!
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I was recently married at The Reef. For those that are unaware for weddings and other events you can rent out the entire second floor. They do not double book events which means that you can set up well before your event. Either 9:00 am the day of or schedule permitting the night before. That is if another event is not booked the night before. Your guests will have three amazing menu options to choose from. Ours included a prime rib sandwich, jambalaya, or chicken Alfredo. However you can choose from whichever menu you want when meeting with the manager. Plus all of our guests loved the lookout over the beach. My husband arrived that morning and made all the final details with the wait staff. Once we came in from the beach all of our guests were sent upstairs and the reception went great. Angie (manager) was extremely helpful when it came to giving ideas and suggestions about what would work best with the beach setting.

Jeremy T, General Manager at The Reef Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Good Morning,
Let me start by saying Congratulations!!
Thank you for sharing your special day experiences with us and we are in hopes of a return visit possibly for an anniversary.

Best wishes to the both of you.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Very nice old restaurant on the ocean, we didn't have reservations and they still found us a seat(bonus) Staff very nice even though never refilled are drinks and the bread they brought to several tables was so brown it was boarding on burnt. As for the food at $25.00 a plate I expected to have good sea food plate, instead I got 4 shriveled up shrimp, a scallion the size of a half dollar and a piece of over cooked Mahi. Not sure if the kitchen staff was new but I would not recommend to friends and family looking for seafood. This is just my opinion from my experience. Like I said it is a very nice place and friendly people, just not sold on the food.

1  Thank Michael M

Greetings,
So sorry you were dissatisfied with your dish please next time do bring this to our attention as we like to see to it everyone leaves happy.
As for the bread I am assuming the brown bread you are speaking of is our brown sunflower molasses bread and is a very dark in color bread.

We hope to see you back soon.

Warmly,

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I have eaten at the Reef twice and have been happy both times. The first time we sat outside. You lose the elegance with the plastic chairs and tables, but the view of the ocean is awesome. I had the risotto and my wife had steak...both very good. This time we went at night and sat inside. While the decor was more elegant, the music from the bar really took away from the ambiance. I had the grouper with a cream chese sauce, and my wife had the grouper with a horseradish sauce. Both quite good. The chowder has a bit of datil pepper giving it a nice kick....very different than the chowder you'll find at most other restaurants...definitely worth a try. The service has been excellent both times. The place is a little pricey. If you go, do it while it is daylight so you can enjoy the view..the food is quite good but not worth the price (at least to me) without the view.

1  Thank John R

Hello,
Thank you for your kind words.
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your dinner.
If you would like a recipe for the chowder please shoot us an email to info@thereefstaugustine.com we would love to share.
As for the music the south side of the dining room is a bit louder than the north..Just let us know upon arriving and we will see to it you are seated on the opposite side.
Also you may enjoy our outside seating on nicer days.

We look forward to a return visit.

Warmly.,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

To start, there is a wonderful martini menu. There are a lot of selections for dinner, including several specials. My salmon entree was fantastic. My husband's grouper entree was good.

Our waiter David was very knowledgeable and was able to answer my questions as to ingredients.

A bit disappointed that they would not honor the 10% off coupon we had because it was President's Day. The restaurant was half empty so it's not like they were turning people away.

Jeremy T, General Manager at The Reef Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Hello,
Thank you for your kind words on service and food experience.
David is wonderful and we are very lucky to have him as a team member.

As for the coupon the details state no holidays, we hope this does not deter you from a future visit.

In hopes of seeing you again soon.

Always,

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Service was awesome! Food was great! We come every year when we visit our mother. I would highly recommend ! The view is amazing.

1  Thank Kathy S

Good Afternoon,
Yes Laura is "Terrific" We are very proud to have her as a member of our team.

We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Warmly,