“Great view and good food”

The Reef Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Reef Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 597 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Eat and drink like a local! Come enjoy St. Augustine's most spectacular Happy Hour. Discounted drinks and appetizers right on the ocean!
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I have eaten at the Reef twice and have been happy both times. The first time we sat outside. You lose the elegance with the plastic chairs and tables, but the view of the ocean is awesome. I had the risotto and my wife had steak...both very good. This time we went at night and sat inside. While the decor was more elegant, the music from the bar really took away from the ambiance. I had the grouper with a cream chese sauce, and my wife had the grouper with a horseradish sauce. Both quite good. The chowder has a bit of datil pepper giving it a nice kick....very different than the chowder you'll find at most other restaurants...definitely worth a try. The service has been excellent both times. The place is a little pricey. If you go, do it while it is daylight so you can enjoy the view..the food is quite good but not worth the price (at least to me) without the view.

1  Thank John R
Jeremy T, General Manager at The Reef Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Hello,
Thank you for your kind words.
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your dinner.
If you would like a recipe for the chowder please shoot us an email to info@thereefstaugustine.com we would love to share.
As for the music the south side of the dining room is a bit louder than the north..Just let us know upon arriving and we will see to it you are seated on the opposite side.
Also you may enjoy our outside seating on nicer days.

We look forward to a return visit.

Warmly.,

There are newer reviews for The Reef Restaurant

Reviewed February 23, 2014

To start, there is a wonderful martini menu. There are a lot of selections for dinner, including several specials. My salmon entree was fantastic. My husband's grouper entree was good.

Our waiter David was very knowledgeable and was able to answer my questions as to ingredients.

A bit disappointed that they would not honor the 10% off coupon we had because it was President's Day. The restaurant was half empty so it's not like they were turning people away.

Jeremy T, General Manager at The Reef Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Hello,
Thank you for your kind words on service and food experience.
David is wonderful and we are very lucky to have him as a team member.

As for the coupon the details state no holidays, we hope this does not deter you from a future visit.

In hopes of seeing you again soon.

Always,

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Service was awesome! Food was great! We come every year when we visit our mother. I would highly recommend ! The view is amazing.

1  Thank Kathy S

Good Afternoon,
Yes Laura is "Terrific" We are very proud to have her as a member of our team.

We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Warmly,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I can't say anything bad here - the service was very good, but the food was not outstanding and the prices were what would be expected for dining along the coast highway. My daughter and I started off with the seafood chowder and it was very good. We then moved on to a main course (for lunch) and I had the crab cake which was very good with a mustard sauce. It was fresh, flakey crabmeat and I enjoyed the flavor. My daughter ordered the shrimp taco and she said that it was average - not outstanding but not memorable either. The décor in the restaurant was what would be expected and rather 70's - could use a little freshening up. Obviously the views are outstanding, but you can walk the beach and get the same view. I was slightly disappointed here that it was not more outstanding.

Hello,
We do realize the number of places to dine in St Augustine is great and would love to make your visit memorable.
Please give us a call upon returning with any special requests and we will do our best to provide.

Warmly,

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Atmosphere, service & the food is out of this world. Love happy hour too!!! A must stop if you are traveling A1A in Vilano Beach!!!

1  Thank PaintedSunrise

Greetings,
Thank you for your kind review and please remember us for your next visit to the area.

Always,