“Fabulous wedding venue on the beach”

The Reef Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Reef Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 584 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Eat and drink like a local! Come enjoy St. Augustine's most spectacular Happy Hour. Discounted drinks and appetizers right on the ocean!
Green Cove Springs, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous wedding venue on the beach”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Reef has always been one of my favorite restaurants - excellent food, gorgeous setting on Vilano beach. We were able to arrange a beautiful wedding on the beach with the help of Angie, who coordinates events. Angie was amazing - she cued us on details that would make the process flow smoothly, made very helpful suggestions...a life saver! Our hostess was Holly, who did a wonderful job, made sure everyone had everything they needed. The setting was so beautiful, the food excellent as always....it was a memorable event, and one we will all treasure for years to come. I can't think of a more beautiful place to stage a wedding, and certainly a more relaxing place to enjoy a superb dinner or lunch.

1 Thank gcsgrl
Jeremy T, Manager at The Reef Restaurant, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your special day with us.
So happy to hear it was a special one.
We wish you a lifetime of happiness and hope to see you on anniversaries to come.

Crawfordville, Florida
“working tip”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

let me start that my Husband and I try to go to St Augustine every year for out anniversary. On one of those trips we discovered the Reef Restaurant. we now try to go every time we come to St Augustine. We have never been disappointed the view is great and if you can and weather permits definitely recommend sitting outside on deck. So When I had to make a trip with co-workers for a training. I recommended we all go to the Reef for dinner. And once again you did not disappoint. everyone loved it and there food. My only recommendation for future improvement is the green beans needed more seasoning. Possible sautae in butter with some sort of seasoning herb like garlic and lemon. Other then that it was great and our server Laura was awesome. thanks again for a great experience and helping me share a good meal and view with my co-workers.

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here at The Reef.
Business or Pleasure we aim to please.

Always,
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
“Second time, even better”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Second time here. . .service and food top notch this time. Out-of-town family included small fry. We were early but promptly seated. . .high chair and booster seat for the kids. There is no "bad" table here. The view of breakers just makes it. Our server, Spencer, was very pleasant, knowledgeable and efficient. The children were hungry and the kids menu appropriate. . .they were served at the same time we got our starter course.
Starters were calamari and fried green tomatoes, both done perfectly and very tasty. We were all over the menu in ordering entrees. The grilled citrus salmon served over crispy fried spinach was wonderful, according to my wife. Both out-of-town family members ordered the shrimp and lobster risotto which they raved about. I got a small taste and agreed. I ordered the duck breast served with a blackberry demi glace. . .best restaurant duck I've ever had. All in all, a wonderful meal. I will return. . .again.

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to a return visit.,

Cordova TN
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

There were three in our party -we each had something different. The swordfish was excellent - served on a bed of fried spinach - the Parmesan encrusted grouper was excellent as was the coconut shrimp! The slaw and sides were great! Key lime pie was fabulous! Price was reasonable and view had WOW factor, Server Polly was great!

• Visited September 2013
Jeremy T, Manager at The Reef Restaurant, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Greetings...Looks like you enjoyed yourselves.
Just a reminder we also have our award winning Sunday Brunch as well as happy hour 7 days a week.

Hope to see you back soon.

Always,
Granbury, Texas
“Service!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Lovely dining experience! Thoroughly enjoyed the menu, the selections and the help from Laura, our server. I am a gluten free sort and Laura took time and effort in going over my choices. Such a simple thing to do and so rare. That little extre is so appreciated. We had a great view of the sea and my fish was prepared perfectly! Best meal in a pretty rich field!

Good Morning,
Wonderful to hear of your experience at our establishment.
We aim to accommodate all dietary needs.
Thank you again for joining us.

We look forward to your return.