“Exciting Menu, Stunning view!”

The Reef Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Reef Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 593 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Eat and drink like a local! Come enjoy St. Augustine's most spectacular Happy Hour. Discounted drinks and appetizers right on the ocean!
Panhandle Florida
“Exciting Menu, Stunning view!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I often stay in the Vilano Beach area, and while this restaurant is listed as St. Augustine, it is really on the north side of Vilano Beach. I'd passed it often, and noted that the location was lovely, right on a beautiful stretch of beach. But, hadn't stopped until this month when I was there for 4th of July. On the 5th, I was driving out of town and passed this restaurant in time for late lunch. Though they weren't still serving lunch, or yet serving dinner, they offered me the "Appetizer" menu and that was a great option.

I had the Fried Green tomatoes, that I always use as an "indicator" of excellence and their crabcake with mango salsa. I was so impressed with both. The Fried Green tomatoes were exceptional. Usually my gold standard for these is met by two restaurants in Savannah, GA, but these were on a par or better than those. Delicate breading, very perfect tomatoes that were tender and cooked just to perfection. The crab cake was equally delicious, though I would have liked more of the amazing mango salsa. They told me I could have asked for more, and next time I will.

I was delighted to see that they offer many good options of dishes using sea scallops, as that is a favorite. So I will be going back to this restaurant frequently. I especially want to try their Grilled Scallop Tostadas and their Shrimp and Lobster Risotto.

Have a non-seafood person in your group? They also have Grilled Top Sirloin at dinner or Slow Roast Prime Rib, and even Roast Duck Breast. At lunch in addition to the mouth watering seafood options, they have Chicken Sandwich with sauteed mushrooms and onions; grilled hamburgers; and prime rib sandwiches. Just yummy options, but I'm a seafood girl and they have enough to keep me coming back often.

They offer seating on the patio, directly on the beachside. It was a hot day, so I sat inside at a high top table, right at the window. I was also able to go upstairs and see the lovely area they have for parties and wedding receptions. Lovely wall sconce lighting in the shape of sea shells, a great transparent fish mobile in the inside entranceway, beautiful wooden staircase to second floor.

I found nothing to dislike. Spotless clean, food excellent, and service superb. The chef even came out to ask if everything was to my liking!! It absolutely was perfect in every way!!

St. Augustine, Florida
“Great Time”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Get together for 7 for a Friends Birthday, and Seated in the all ocean view Restaurant near the bar. Wonderful selection of wines and great lunch selection. Our server, Sara, was very prompt filling up our water glasses, and keeping up with our orders. Constantly checking up on us. The wine was very good and pleased all 7 of us. We are local, but love having a consistent restaurant so close. Will definitely be back!

Atlanta, Georgia
“It was good...but”
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

The waitress was very perky & seemed to know the menu.
I had the tuna And it was very good.
My husband had prime rib & thought it was over cooked & tough.
My beer "Stella" was draft & very flat...at.least They didnt charge me for it...

Ct
“Disappointment”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The view was fabulous, the food mediocre but the service was terrible. At a table of four, one appetizer was brought, 15 minutes later the other 3, Then dinner was put down without clearing the app dishes.

1 Thank missct
Gainesville, Florida
“Amazing Location for Wedding/Reception”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I recently had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Reef restaurant. Angie was amazing to work with and accommodated all of our details and requests. My wedding combined two cultures (Persian/American) which meant incorporating things like a decorated table out on the beach and other things to make our wedding special. The food was amazing, all of our guests have mentioned it ranks as one of the best meals at a wedding that they had ever had. For an intimate wedding, this is the perfect place! Thank you to everyone at the Reef for making our day perfect!

Here is a wedding video that includes some footage from the Reef:

• Visited June 2012