“Disappointed!!”

The Conch House Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 596 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Description: Our full service award winning casual Restaurant features the finest seafood, steaks, salads, and Caribbean style cuisine. Take a little trip to the Caribbean, we're just a short drive away. Sit down under a palm tree on the outside deck or dine in one of the unique Jamaican styled grass huts out over the water.
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Have been going to The Conch House for years but it seems that it is catching up with the hard economic times!! The shrimp dish , which I have had many times and love, was watery, the shrimp overcooked and I had to search for the spagetti. The crab legs were good but the french fries were cold and definetely of the frozen variety, cole slaw bland! Even the ice tea was not good. Very, very disappointing. Lovely spot to sit outside and enjoy the Marina and water view. Maybe it was just a bad day....month....year! Will give it one more try.

There are newer reviews for The Conch House Restaurant

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We ate here on our last night in town and were very pleased with the food. I had the snapper, which was delicious. My husband had the shrimp & grits. Shrimp was ok...grits were very good. Just like the other reviews say, you can't beat the key lime pie here. However, the hostess was one of the rudest people we dealt with during our stay. We had a terrible experience getting seated, luckily our waiter made up for that. The entertainment outside wasn't our cup of tea either. The "band" made stupid jokes throughout our dinner and played less than average music. Overall, good food and location, but wouldn't go back.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Family went on very first vacation to St Augustine, The Conch house came highly recommended so we were very excited to eat there and experience the fine food, the hostess at the door was rude, we wanted to sit outside and were advised that because it was sprinkling we couldn't, we advised her we would wait, when the rain stopped we were than advised by the hostess that the servers who waited the outside area were sent home..While we were waiting...than the hostess had the nerve to say to the servers who were standing by her and not 5 feet from me that I wanted to sit outside and she said no and that I was too demanding, what nerve, My Dad asked me not to make a scene so we were sat inside and given menus; lunch menus, I asked when and if I could order dinner and was told by our server no that dinner is served at 5:00pm, We left, never got to eat and not sure on our next trip there we will go there.

2  Thank Susan G
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We try to go to St. Augustine, a short 30 minutes south, at least once a month. And lunch at The Conch House is always our go-to place. The food is consistently great, lunch portions are the right size for us seniors and the service is great. This week my husband had the mahi, black beans and coconut rice, I had a wonderful salad with fruits and pecans - both had clam chowder first. But the MAIN ATTRACTION, is the homemade key lime pie with real whipped cream - their cook has been making it for 30 years and it's to die for (well not quite die but maybe to live for). We always go during the week when the noise level is not so high - love sitting high up in one of their outdoor cabanas and enjoy looking out at the harbor. PS - the Bloody Marys and Virgin Marys are wonderful - just the right amount of bite.

1  Thank Toni R
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Fabulous waterfront restaurant and marina in St Augustine. Beautiful decor with wood carvings, tiki huts over the water you can eat at. Service and prices were great. We were there on a Monday afternoon and it was very quiet but on weekends there is live music and a huge reggae party on Sundays.