“If you like good and bad, this is the place for you!”

The Conch House Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 583 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups, Caribbean
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our full service award winning casual Restaurant features the finest seafood, steaks, salads, and Caribbean style cuisine. Take a little trip to the Caribbean, we're just a short drive away. Sit down under a palm tree on the outside deck or dine in one of the unique Jamaican styled grass huts out over the water.
Jacksonville
“If you like good and bad, this is the place for you!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Six of us went there, and we all agreed, the service was poor. After a runner brought our food it took 15 minutes before the waitress came to check on us, and I informed her there was no chicken on my salad. Also the salad said "seasonal fruit" on the menu, and there were canned oranges on my salad. I didnt know canned fruit was seasonal. Ten minutes later the waitress comes back and says my chicken will be done soon, they had put it on someone elses salad. I received my chicken five minutes after that. So, 30 minutes after our food came, I got my chicken, when everyone else was done eating. I will say it was the best blackened chicken I have ever had, but there was no apology, or offer to discount the bill. Overall, the service was poor, part of the food was ok, and part was fabulous.

• Visited June 2014

St. Augustine, Florida
“Gave another try; Still lost its luster”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We quit going here about three years ago after several bad service visits and a much changed menu made it not worth it anymore. Yesterday we decided to give it a try and although the waiter really was good, the overall service and tired menu hasn't changed. AGAIN, I ordered a 9 piece shrimp dinner and they tried to slide out six and charge me for nine. The waiter more than made up for it, but only at the tail end of my meal. One waitress, large blonde kept kicking her way through the doors with food trays in her hand like an old west movie. Very unattractive, loud and totally inappropriate. Reggae Sunday is not a good thing unless you're around 20, the music is loud, repetitive and gets on your nerves. Probably the worst thing about this place is the totally bland menu, it used to be fabulous, she crab soup to die for, pasta and shellfish with wonderful sauces...all gone. Probably a good place to find a date, but for the adults...steer clear.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Margaret B
Atlanta, Georgia
“The Pods are Worth the Wait”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The food is good to above average. The reason you go here is to get the little cabana house (pod) by yourself at the edge of the bay. Especially at night, the view idea that you're in your own little private tiki hut is wonderful - the kids absolutely loved it.

• Visited April 2014
“Great food with a great view.”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Great food with a view. I got steak and fried shrimp and both was great tasting. My wife got the Jamaica jerk chicken kabobs and love them.

Ocoee, Florida
“Beautiful views and Great Food”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We were seated outside with a gorgeous view. Service was good, but a bit slower considering it not being very busy. Drink selection was great and the Rum Runner was killer. The best part of the whole night was the Blue Cheese Chips. Hand made chips drenched in blue cheese sauce and crumbled blue cheese. Somehow they managed to stay crispy until they were gone. Definitely for those who love blue cheese as they are very strong. We all had the Florida Cracker Plate except for one who had a steak. Everyone loved the food and several stayed to hang out at the bar, which also had a great view. The only complaint is that they allow smoking in the outside seating area.

• Visited May 2014