“Worth finding again”

The Conch House Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 604 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our full service award winning casual Restaurant features the finest seafood, steaks, salads, and Caribbean style cuisine. Take a little trip to the Caribbean, we're just a short drive away. Sit down under a palm tree on the outside deck or dine in one of the unique Jamaican styled grass huts out over the water.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had been here several years ago, I was glad to find it again. Our lunch was great.
We ate outside in the tikki deck, waitress was very nice. We had fish tacos, some of the
best ever, and also pink snapper - I was afraid since it was fried it might have too much
breading, but just had the lightest of crust of it. Will look forward to returning.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I didn't say at the hotel, just came here to drink booze and stuff my face.

I liked the flavor of the conch fritters, but felt they could have had more conch in them. They were more like hush puppies with conch flavor added. Also, at $1.5 each they were a tad expensive.

I had a Caribbean style pork dish, I don't know what it was called. I liked it so much I asked for the contents of the base. It consisted of pork chop, bacon bits (real bacon), bell pepper, onion, rice, and pineapple in a white wine and brown sugar reduction with some garlic and butter.

I created my own version at home, albeit an inferior version. I believe the chef used a drier wine than I did and a lot more brown sugar (the sauce is nearly black). I still think the original had Worcestershire in it but the waitress insisted it didn't.

My companion had shrimp and cheese grits. We both enjoyed it as well.

They actually put alcohol in their cocktails, that was nice of them.

Other than the conch this was my favorite meal of my trip to St. Augustine.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

i went here with my wife and 5 year old. not sure if he was owner who greeted us and showed us to table, but he was a little weird but the other staff and food was nice. You could spend 30 mins exploring the harbour/pier.

Not fantastic but is ok to spend 2-3 hours.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was our second time to the Conch house. There is inside dining and patio dining and "Tree house dining". It is so relaxing sitting next to the water and eating outside in a tree house. We have been there for both lunch and dinner and we had the "Conch Fritters" both times as an appetizer. Our server was great . The only downfall if you want to call it that is, there are not a lot of tree houses so plan on waiting for one of those tables and the prices are a "little" higher than your average restaurant but well worth the price for the experience and the quality of food.

1  Thank travellover290
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very nice view of the marina. Food was mediocre; overpriced. Scallops and shrimp were small. Salad of "seasonal fruits" and "fresh vegetables" consisted of craisins, canned mandarin oranges, cucumber, and tomatoes. Nothing special. We waited 10 minutes before my husband got up to locate the waiter -- and the restaurant was not crowded.

1  Thank kmcoderre