“A Meal with a View”

The Conch House Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 596 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Description: Our full service award winning casual Restaurant features the finest seafood, steaks, salads, and Caribbean style cuisine. Take a little trip to the Caribbean, we're just a short drive away. Sit down under a palm tree on the outside deck or dine in one of the unique Jamaican styled grass huts out over the water.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Last night out. A 'crow's nest' built up from the patio deck under a thatched umbrella, extended out a few feet over the water. Fabulous view. Setting sun glinting off boats & water. The calamari with banana peppers is amazing and I enjoyed the scallops in rum sauce. It was a wonderful evening & a great way to end a great trip but be sure to get there earlyish. We didn’t have a reservation and were about the last people to get seated. They were turning people away at 9:00, just when places begin to fill up at home in Miami.

There are newer reviews for The Conch House Restaurant

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Our last night in St. Augustine we went to the Conch House, recommended for its ambience. Our "booth" was a crow's nest suspended over the water, where we enjoyed the twilight, sea birds and twinkling lights as the sun went down. The service and the food matched the atmosphere, as we enjoyed fish blackened to perfection and other various well prepared seafood. Go off your diet to enjoy the home made potato chips in blue cheese sauce (one order's more than enough for four people) and the calamari with banana peppers (another generous portion). I would definitely come back to this restaurant, and this time try to hold back on apps so I'll have room for dessert! One note - they were closed and turning people away at 9:15 pm, just when a restaurant in Miami would be filling up!! Like everywhere in St, Augustine, go before nine or risk missing out!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The food was pretty average and it was overpriced for the taste; however, in the interest of fun, we ventured out there Friday night to watch the Polynesian dancers and it was awesome! Kids were having fun, hubby was having fun, and the girls were drinking.

All in all, cover charge was pretty decent ($5), food was bearable but unimpressive, and drinks were good, too.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is more of a bar than restaurant in my opinion. The food is ok, in fact, above average for bar food but I came here for the view. And what a view! Located by the ocean with little huts almost hanging out over the water overlooking the marina, this is one of the greatest restaurant views I've seen!

1  Thank Maki K
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place has a reputation for the atmosphere, proximity to the water and outdoor seating but I go to a restaurant to eat, not sit in the breeze and stare at a marina. First off, service is slow. I always considered a baked potato as pretty much a standard with seafood but not here, they don't even have them. A $3 house salad, extra with your order, is a puny amount of Romain lettuce, some raisins and mandarin orange slices and a piece of tomato. My wife had fried shrimp (which I tried) and I paid extra for broiled yellow-tail snapper (catch of the day). Neither the shrimp nor my fish had any seasoning whatsoever...very plain. On top of that, my broiled fish had been cooked dry and I had to use some of their chunky/congealed cocktail sauce just to get it down. I have no idea why this place is rated highly except a lot of tourists must like to sit at a table of bad food and take in the scenery which, by the way, is mostly marsh mud and private boats.

1  Thank texdawg89