“A Crows Nest in Paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Conch House Restaurant

The Conch House Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 571 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our full service award winning casual Restaurant features the finest seafood, steaks, salads, and Caribbean style cuisine. Take a little trip to the Caribbean, we're just a short drive away. Sit down under a palm tree on the outside deck or dine in one of the unique Jamaican styled grass huts out over the water.
Miami, Florida
“A Crows Nest in Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Our last night in St. Augustine we went to the Conch House, recommended for its ambience. Our "booth" was a crow's nest suspended over the water, where we enjoyed the twilight, sea birds and twinkling lights as the sun went down. The service and the food matched the atmosphere, as we enjoyed fish blackened to perfection and other various well prepared seafood. Go off your diet to enjoy the home made potato chips in blue cheese sauce (one order's more than enough for four people) and the calamari with banana peppers (another generous portion). I would definitely come back to this restaurant, and this time try to hold back on apps so I'll have room for dessert! One note - they were closed and turning people away at 9:15 pm, just when a restaurant in Miami would be filling up!! Like everywhere in St, Augustine, go before nine or risk missing out!

Visited May 2013

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Fun night!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

The food was pretty average and it was overpriced for the taste; however, in the interest of fun, we ventured out there Friday night to watch the Polynesian dancers and it was awesome! Kids were having fun, hubby was having fun, and the girls were drinking.

All in all, cover charge was pretty decent ($5), food was bearable but unimpressive, and drinks were good, too.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok food - Awesome views!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is more of a bar than restaurant in my opinion. The food is ok, in fact, above average for bar food but I came here for the view. And what a view! Located by the ocean with little huts almost hanging out over the water overlooking the marina, this is one of the greatest restaurant views I've seen!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Maki K
Bogart, Georgia
“Absolutely over-rated, will never go back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place has a reputation for the atmosphere, proximity to the water and outdoor seating but I go to a restaurant to eat, not sit in the breeze and stare at a marina. First off, service is slow. I always considered a baked potato as pretty much a standard with seafood but not here, they don't even have them. A $3 house salad, extra with your order, is a puny amount of Romain lettuce, some raisins and mandarin orange slices and a piece of tomato. My wife had fried shrimp (which I tried) and I paid extra for broiled yellow-tail snapper (catch of the day). Neither the shrimp nor my fish had any seasoning whatsoever...very plain. On top of that, my broiled fish had been cooked dry and I had to use some of their chunky/congealed cocktail sauce just to get it down. I have no idea why this place is rated highly except a lot of tourists must like to sit at a table of bad food and take in the scenery which, by the way, is mostly marsh mud and private boats.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank texdawg89
Ocala, Florida
“What a great time and great food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We docked here and had lunch and it was a great lunch!! Each of our meals was very good and tasty, the server was wonderful, and the atmosphere couldn't be beat. We want to go back just so we can try something else. The portions are huge and probably should have shared, but it was all so good, we're glad we didn't!! Then the walk around the marina to walk it off was very nice!

1 Thank TravellingDanTheMan