“Exceeded Our Expectations”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Everyone we asked about where to eat referred us to Gypsy Cab Co so we made dinner there a priority on our honeymoon to St. Augustine. The atmosphere was relaxed and the menu had things I had never tried before. My husband and I had snacked a lot that day and didn't each want a huge meal, so we decided to split the Gypsy Cab Chicken. It was seriously the best chicken dish I've ever had, and for a split meal we each got a very large amount of food! To top it off, we had the peanut butter pie for dessert (also recommended by friends), and they even treated us to it for being newlyweds. Excellent service, wonderful food, and a must-go if you're looking for a place to eat in St. Augustine. I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great food selections, delightful and knowledgeable servers. Lovely wine selection - locally grown foods included in the menu and obvious care into the preparation and presentation of the meal. Not stuffy but not cheap either. I had an appetizer and a dinner sized salad so I could save room for Key Lime Pie which was outstanding.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed September 18, 2013

When I am in town visiting, I don't think my vacation visit complete until I visit Gypsy. Be sure to get the salad with yeast dressing with your meal, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Every time there I order something different, and never have been sorry, though their Gypsy Chicken is always my favorite fallback. Very eclectic outdoor colors, and they have a lunch special, different each day.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have lived here over 22 yrs. and it is still one of our favorite places to eat. It's not fancy inside so shorts are fine but the food is really fresh and good tasting, ask for chicken pasada and try their peanut butter pie, yummy!!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I would have rated them a 5-star for the food, but the reason for holding back is that I had two knives that weren't clean (one was mine, and the other was my daughter's). We had brunch on a Sunday morning.