“Captain James- best guide in St Augustine!!!”
Review of Drum Man Charters

Drum Man Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Drum Man Charters. We strive to make your fishing experience the best one that you will ever have. Sit back and relax. Enjoy the historic back drop and some of the most amazing wildlife that this country has to offer. Experience catching some great species of fish that will definately tire you out.Now go have an ice cold beer or an ice tea on the tiki hut as I fillet your catch for the day. That is an average day with Drum Man Charters.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Me and my family were coming from Tampa (and Venezuela) to visit St Augustine and we wanted to go fishing during our trip. I contacted Captain James due to his great reviews and he surprised me even more when he took his time to answer all my emails with all the questions I had and was extremely helpful from the beginning. To make things even more perfect, Captain James was not only patient, nice, and fun with my family (who didn't speak English very well) but also VERY knowledgeable about where exactly to take us so we could catch lots of fish!! He knows exactly what he's doing and definitely makes your money worth! We ended up learning how to do it, we caught a lot of fish, and even got lots of pics taken by him out on the boat which he emailed to me later. To top it off, he filleted our fish after the tour and showed us a restaurant near by where we could have it cooked and prepared for our lunch! He definitely went above and beyond and I would highly recommend Captain James (Drum Man Charters) for his great expertise in the area and his dedication to his clients!

1  Thank Indra M
James D, Owner at Drum Man Charters, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you very much for the kind review. It is always a pleasure when clients get everything and more than they had expected. I try my hardest to make sure every trip is the best fishing experience that you will of had. Capt. James

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time with Captain James. He was friendly, knowledgeable, and patient, even with two young kids on board. The redfish weren't really biting the day we went out (confirmed by talking to several other parties) but Jim tried really hard to find good spots, and we had a great time catching flounder, trout and snapper. He cheerfully rebaited our hooks over and over as we caught oyster beds and cast into the weeds. He is a trained naturalist and when we expressed interest took us on detours to see wildlife and historical sights.

The coastal fishing was a nice change from the open ocean, with much calmer waters and more interesting scenery.

I would highly recommend Drum Man Charters to anyone in the St Augustine area.

1  Thank TravelinFamilyBoston
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been fishing with Captain James multiple times and had a fantastic time everytime I went. He kept us on the fish all day, and we had little down time between hook ups. James was very patient as we hooked oyster mounds more than once. We were catching fish one after another while another guide's boat that was close was not hooking up near as often! Capt. James went the extra mile to catch bait fish himself! If you are considering a guide in the area Drum Man Charters won't disappoint. Thanks again Capt. James!
Best Regards,

Reviewed August 7, 2013

At first sight of Capt.James and his flats boat I knew I was in for a fun day of fishing. His boat has all the bells and whistles that you could want for skinny water fishing. The first area we went was unbelievable,the redfish were tailing in small groups of 3-5 fish. Capt.James had me with in shot distance of a red with in minutes.After my landing two I switched to my fly rod. Capt.
James set me up several times but with my bad casting, no luck. With just a few minutes left James took me way back in to one of the thousands of creeks. This one had shelter from the wind,which helped my fly casting greatly. Four cast later I had my first Redfish on fly. Biggest fish of the day too, 26 inches.

1  Thank Bart S