“Great Guide, Fun Trip”

Action Kayak Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was the first time my husband and I have been kayaking, let alone kayak fishing. Bart was waiting for us at the ramp with everything ready to go on our 4-hour trip, no waiting around to do paperwork, etc. Just hop in and go after a brief orientation. The area where we went, the Guana River, is absolutely beautiful, peaceful, and quiet. The only thing you hear is the ocean afar off, birds, fish jumping, and the sound of your paddle. Bart definitely knows his fishing spots! He is a true naturist, with great knowledge, love, and appreciation for the environment and ecosystems around this area. He was very helpful as we acclimated to fishing from a kayak, and he taught us how to sight for fish along the exposed oyster beds. As a bonus, on our return trip to the ramp, he pointed out a couple of bald eagles chasing an osprey. That was very cool! Overall, we had a great time with Bart and would recommend and repeat this trip.

2  Thank TrippinMama3

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Bart donated a free guide trip to the Heroes on the Water Veteran's day event(thank you Bart) which I won. As an experienced kayak tournament fisherman I did not think the trip would be very entertaining but knew my wife Tammi would have fun. Boy was I wrong about not being entertained! Bart took us to unfamiliar (but beautiful) fishing grounds, put us on numerous redfish and was an ultimate professional! You could not ask for better personal attention to every detail on a guided trip and the wife and I had a blast! Take if from someone that has been yak fishing for years, book a trip with Action Kayak and you will have a delightful time catching fish and hearing interesting stories about the locale. - Craig

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I went out with Bart up in Simpson's creek in Jacksonville. Though it wasn't his usual water, he was very knowledgable about the flora and fauna as well as the fish! He was very fun to be around and chat with, as well, which made the experience that much better. He also helped us find good spots that yielded a few nice fish and took the time to help me improve my kayaking and fishing technique.

Overall, we had a blast and were more than satisfied with Action Kayak Adventures! Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Bart and I grew up fishing together fishing. I am a flats fishing guide but I operate out of a motorboat. Bart is the expert out of a kayak. He studies the water very carefully and will be able to tell you exactly what to look for and where to cast. From fly fishing with a seasoned angler to teaching a child how to catch there first saltwater fish, He is the guide that you are looking for. I have never had a client that I have sent his way be anything but amazed.

1  Thank James D
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Bart and I recently did the six mile trip from the Guana Dam to the Six Mile Landing and had a great time. Caught a trout within 10 minutes of leaving. Saw tailing reds all morning and caught two keepers. Bart is safe and extremely courteous. I would feel safe to leave my 6 year old with him. This is the second time that I have used Action Kayak Adventures and will go with them again in the future.

1  Thank Coachcollins42