“The food was horrible!Too bad because the place had a cool atmosphere.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taberna del Caballo

Taberna del Caballo
Ranked #165 of 571 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Bar, Spanish
Good for: Kids, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida City, Florida
“The food was horrible!Too bad because the place had a cool atmosphere.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

The place looked nice you kind of feel you're in another country.Everything we ordered was bad or barely edible starting with the bread basket bread felt stale.Except for the bread pizza wasn't bad.The chicken in my dish was hard to chew the rice was not cooked properly no flavor it tasted like bad microwave or cafeteria food.Same thing with the dish with the shrimp. The plastic plates & silverware we didn't get!This place could be great seeing the location & look of the place but a lot of work needs to be done on the dishes & service was so so too.I felt this was a tourist trap!we hardly touched our dishes left the place hungry and disappointed!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

St. Augustine, Florida
“Had a good time and a good taste”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We enjoyed the meat and cheese basket with Cuban bread. It was generous and good quality. We tried a Cuban sandwich and beans. Everything was good including the Sangria. Others seemed to be enjoying the other menu items. The location is interesting and the ambience too. Live music in the evenings is a bonus.

Visited June 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“SANGRIA!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I went on the City Walks Creepy Crawl and I fell in love with this little place, our guide explained everything about the museum and the quarter, I wish I would have had more time to visit the actual park. I did try their Red Sangria and it was spectacular! I wish I could have bought a bottle to go.. My husband had the white and he loved it too. We also ordered the meat and cheese plate and it was great. What a gem! I am glad we found it and will be coming back.

Visited July 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Good Food, Good Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

The food was surprisingly good and the portions were large. Great atmosphere and friendly staff. They bring out a small bowl of peanuts while you wait for your food. The arroz con camarones was similar to a paella and is enough for two people. Their sandwiches were also large.

• Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Tourist Trap- Dont go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Made a mistake went inside, very pretty, nice outdoor setting in the courtyard but the drinks and the food were awful.
Sangria or "fruit juice" was that, five dollars a glass for juice, not worth it. I had three glasses and felt nothing.
Ordered the meat and cheese plate thought we would get Jamon Serrano and Manchego cheese wrong again. More like Oscar Meyer cold cuts.
The entree of rice black beans with mojo baked chicken was microwaved chicken strips with no flavor and the beans were old and caking/sticky.

I sent it back and got the boliche which was somewhat better but at that point I really just wanted to leave. Overall this is a great tourist trap and I should have known better. Wasted $72.00 for two diners and that hurt for really bad food.

• Visited June 2013